urban landscape (madrid)

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
don't take too many landscape shots, does urban count as landscape? Im a bit confused but couldn't see an urban section. First one i really like but im not sure if it's just me, the vertical lines are a bit confusing as they seem at odds with one another! (i also got moved on by security for taking it)

the second i took last night and again i like it but as i said i havent got much experience so maybe it's just me.

all feedback (here and on flickr) welcomed, ta

3405643526_09a54c5446_o.jpg

3408247106_2fd535a79f_o.jpg

Hi fontmoss

The first one you've captured some good lines in the shot, feel the trees and bushes are intruding to this urdan landscape.

Like what you've went for with the second, I like silhouettes with interesting outlines and the crane and mast have certainly provided that. The setting sun has given the sky some added colour to make this one stand out.
Try losing the detail in the FG by turning it black and see how that looks.

I think the first is of more interest but not convinced you have the best of it. The refelction in the window is distracting and the surface area around the upper window is over exposed meaning there is no definition betwenn the patterns of the stone work. Is the building motif in focus?

I think Madrid gets overlooked by many of us but I love the areas La Latina, Opera, Lava Pies etc

All the best

Brian

The colours of the second are nice, but the first doesn't really work for me........it doesn't hold any intrest

#2 works best I think, nice silhouettes and good warm colour.

I think the first is of more interest

The colours of the second are nice, but the first doesn't really work for me

this is why it's good getting feedback

i concede the first has a lot of flaws but a mini garden and a grumpy security guard put paid to an extended visit. i might try and sneak back this week and get a better exposed pic, cheers though i hadn't even considered a different exposure really, i liked the brightness of it.

the second was shotting fish in a barrel, might darken FG as suggested but i actually quite like that it's not a pure silhouette .

any more feedback about the first greatly appreciated, in particular where to crop-if i omit the hedge itll look a bit weird wont it? and i cant quite get rid of the foliage as theres a florist and the road behind me.

OK, before I do this I admit I am a total newbie, but for the first one, this is something I like more.... If I am out of place PM me and I will remove asap
Untitled-1.jpg
3405643526_09a54c5446_o.jpg

Just a touch sharper with the trees cloned out and the reflection cloned out. I then cropped the bottom. I wanted to remove the red in the window too but thought better of it

Last edited:
If I am out of place PM me and I will remove asap

not at all, im here for feedback and help :)

that cloning (at this scale at least) has made a big dif. im using a laptop but once i get a monitor hooked up and a digi tablet im going to go back through my stuff to edit it properly. i think it looks much cleaner without foliage, i wish i could get full length on the window without the bikes etc hmmm food for thought, ta *** good to be able to see it differently.

Back