Urban M25: Graffiti

Name
Jake Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
A long exposure and some light painting, shot under the M25 near Byfleet and New Haw
6830098097_aa11abb891_b.jpg

Absolutely love this!! I am doing a project on local graffiti and you have just shown me what it is that I am missing.
Forgive me for being a dim old bat but what is light painting?

light painting is using a torch on your subject to help illuminate it, so in this instance I imagine it was fairly dark underneath the bridge so a long exposure was set and a torch directed on the bridge.

It’s like if you are taking a night shot of star trails and you had a tree in the foreground that you wanted some light on it you would use a torch and ‘paint’ the tree with light.

Absolutely love this!! I am doing a project on local graffiti and you have just shown me what it is that I am missing.
Forgive me for being a dim old bat but what is light painting?

It's using an external light, be it a flash gun, torch, laser pen or something, just painting the shot with light. For example, I set my camera up for a 30sec exposure and ran to each pillar using my flash gun and exposed the light on each pillar for about 5secs each.

Make sense?

I konw exactly where this is, I cycle past it on the way to Woking everynow and then along the wey Navigation where it meets the Basingstoke canal

Good capture for sure

I konw exactly where this is, I cycle past it on the way to Woking everynow and then along the wey Navigation where it meets the Basingstoke canal

Good capture for sure

Yup, just round the corner from Byfleet..Random question, but how long does it take to cycle to Woking from here?

Great shot!
Quick question, can you get access for a car in there??

Yup, just round the corner from Byfleet..Random question, but how long does it take to cycle to Woking from here?

15-20 minutes I guess - make sure you remember to turn right over the footbridge !

Great shot BTW - I'm local too

Back