Urbex - Derelict Mills

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
No
I have no clue on these shots, no idea what is technically good or bad, so this is my opinion. I love no 3, the wheels in the air give it that sense of mass production, just sitting there dormant. Love it!

I like your processing. I LOVE urban exploring but have yet to do a mill. Theres one about an hour away that I keep meaning to visit though. No.2 is my favourite.

A really nice set dude, particularly number 3. Very nice rich processing. :cool:

This set has made me want to go exploring for the first time in ages ! Had a look though your flickr too, great style & thanks for sharing Russ

Really like the processing, very good contrast without being over the top. I often see HDR or HDR-esque shots from places like this which are a bit OTT in my opinion. These however are all spot on. #2 is my fave.

Really nice set of images, particualy like number 4, love peeling paint.

Really cool set of pics, number 4 is my fave!

What are your general processing techniques with this set out of interest?

Superb set!!

Really need to find some good derelict sites round here. processing on your shots is awesome

I see lots of Brits like to shot something like this.
Why?

Reaction to plastic fantastic, everything perfect urbanism? Misplaced nostalgia? Looking for roots?

Beats me, but I can't pass a bit of gritty industrial/agricultural "archaeology" without thinking "there's a picture in there somewhere"!

Nice PP.

I also have NIK Software plugins. They are brilliant.

I see lots of Brits like to shot something like this.
Why?

For me it's about documenting historical architecture before it is lost, either to the developers or to the arsonist:bang:. There are still little bits and pieces of historic interest, as well as the more solid architectural remains, that for me scream to be recorded before they are gone.

Just wondering, what lens did you use to capture these shots?

interesting question, but i'd like to answer it with another question... why would you not want to shoot it?
It seems I have an answer.
Here, in Russia, we have lots of the same thing, so it's not interesting for me because I can see it everywhere...
My choice is to take the beauties of nature, interested architecture etc

I love the first few shots but I feel as if the bird is wasted on the pp you've used. It took me ages to see what it was, at first I thought it was grass! I think I would have tried to get lower and made the head/skull the focus. I'm guessing the subject was too small tho

Oleg I like urban decay because you are capturing something from the past as it is now, the sense of abandonment, the fact that no-one else goes there and the chance to photograph a building where there are no people or tourists.

Russia is a beautiful country, especially the sunflower fields.

I love the first few shots but I feel as if the bird is wasted on the pp you've used. It took me ages to see what it was, at first I thought it was grass! I think I would have tried to get lower and made the head/skull the focus. I'm guessing the subject was too small tho

Oleg I like urban decay because you are capturing something from the past as it is now, the sense of abandonment, the fact that no-one else goes there and the chance to photograph a building where there are no people or tourists.

Russia is a beautiful country, especially the sunflower fields.

Hi Summer, I was already quite low for this shot, as low as i was prepared to go , the floor is covered in pidgeon guano, which is not very healthy, so didnt fancy laying down in it,:shrug: despite the better POV(y)

lfc1892 said:
interesting question, but i'd like to answer it with another question... why would you not want to shoot it?
The set above is a nice one and is packed with colours, shapes, interesting lighting and absolutely tons of texture. All great raw materials for some good photos i'd say.

I agree :)

Oleg I will PM you :)

Back