(URGENT) Nissin flash problems....can anyone help?

Name
Jacob
Edit My Images
No
Hi. I never really meant to buy a flash, but it came with a Pentax film camera that I bought on eBay a while back. It's a "Nissin 360 TW". And I have to say, it's really worked brilliantly on my Nikon D5000. Sure it doesn't meter, but it flashes, and hey that's what a flash should do, right?

But it's just started playing up. And I need it for a shoot quite urgently, so any help you could give would be much appreciated!

Essentially when you switch it to charge it doesn't make the high pitched sort of buzzing/squealing that it should when charging. Instead it's a very quiet sound and the charge light comes on straight away. It won't fire, either attached to the camera or by using the button on the flash itself to fire it.

However, every now and again it starts working, and will work fine for a few minutes and then stop again.

Can anyone offer me any help/advice? Thank you in advance!

Assuming the batteries are fine I'd say the gun is fubar :(

Might be worth having a look at the contacts on the battery compartment to ensure the flash is getting the correct power, aside from that there's not much you can do.

Assuming the batteries are fine I'd say the gun is fubar :(

Might be worth having a look at the contacts on the battery compartment to ensure the flash is getting the correct power, aside from that there's not much you can do.

Have changed the batteries and the contacts do appears to be fine. Although, the unit was left on once and the batteries (I presume) over-heated and leaked chemicals, which caused some corrosion and problems with contacts. That has all be cleaned up though, as least by site, it seems to have been.

Oh dear....so is there nothing I can do?

Back