USED 30d

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning ...oops afternoon.Had a gent on the phone interested in Buying my Pentax K100d off me.Soo i was wondering if people on here had any views on second hand DSLRs...ie pros&cons ... ,and in particular the Canon 30D,..ta for looking(y)

it's the 20D with a better screen and spot metering basically, good camera :)

Plenty available, just make sure it's got a reasonably low shutter count, ideally one with some warranty, the usual things :)

One of the scenond hand shops may well worth be looking at.

you can get them for £549 new with kit lens, kit lens on ebay get around £35 so you pay £514 for a brand new body

Plenty available, just make sure it's got a reasonably low shutter count, ideally one with some warranty, the usual things :)
Not familiar with the Canon kit at all Dod ,but being a bit of an information junkie i'll look forward to learning, it'll be quicker than the pentax though eh.Cheers for your input(y)

One of the scenond hand shops may well worth be looking at.

you can get them for £549 new with kit lens, kit lens on ebay get around £35 so you pay £514 for a brand new body
MMM ..my thinking is ,buy secondhand body so i can maybe get better glass :shrug:,well thats my theroy anyways. Thanks for your comments (y)

A lot of people list those points then discussing the 20D -> 30D but for me the bigger buffer (6 RAW in a burst to 11) and ISO settings by 0.3EV were the important changes.

mxfun, my 30D was purchase from Canon's refurb shop on eBay. It saved me money over the new purchase price and came with a 1 year warranty. I can't see how you can go wrong. Of course you need to watch the bidding, some people do get carried away and over pay for them.

The other options is to buy 2nd hand from a person; the risks do increase as you can't be 100% sure the person is trustworthy but the price does decrease further. Buying from a "known" person of a forum such as Talk Photography will be your best option here, get as many photos of the camera as you can and get shipping with insurance (something like Royal Mail Special Delivery).

A lot of people list those points then discussing the 20D -> 30D but for me the bigger buffer (6 RAW in a burst to 11) and ISO settings by 0.3EV were the important changes.

mxfun, my 30D was purchase from Canon's refurb shop on eBay. It saved me money over the new purchase price and came with a 1 year warranty. I can't see how you can go wrong. Of course you need to watch the bidding, some people do get carried away and over pay for them.

The other options is to buy 2nd hand from a person; the risks do increase as you can't be 100% sure the person is trustworthy but the price does decrease further. Buying from a "known" person of a forum such as Talk Photography will be your best option here, get as many photos of the camera as you can and get shipping with insurance (something like Royal Mail Special Delivery).
Cheers for the input GORD.I just think moving from Pentax to Canon will also give me a wider choice lens wise plus the fps..(y)

I bought my used 30D from a forum member (not TP, another forum). We communicated via email first and then concluded with a phonecall. He was in Hampshire, and I'm based in NW London. So we decided to meet half way and do the deal.

I got to try the camera first hand, and confirm it was exactly as described. Overall, I haven't had any issues with the camera in the 15th months I have owned it.

For that kind of money, I wouldn't part with my money unless I met in person, or without being confident that the person selling was genuine. I personally wouldn't buy from ebay, I would rather trust a forum member. Its easier to track history of a particular person, and how much they have genuinely used the camera.

Back