Used Canon 5D for £600?

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a friend who is selling her Canon 5d for £600... is this a good price for a used 5D and should I jump at the chance?

I currently have a 450D so I imagine it will be a big jump...

Thanks,

P

Excellent price if it's up and running well. You're probably well aware of this but, just in case, if you've got an EF-S lens.....don't try it on the 5D....damage will occur.

Bob

Hi peter

The canon 5D is a fantastic camera as i bought one around a year ago for brand new for about £1100. I upgraded from a 350D (which in times still serves me well as a backup body).
As the 5D has a full frame sensor the purchase of the camera really depends on what you are looking to shoot with it.
It has a good build to it and a very nice feel espesually when you have the grip for it.
I would say $600 is a good price for a second hand one. Is it body only or any lenses with it?

Excellent price if it's up and running well. You're probably well aware of this but, just in case, if you've got an EF-S lens.....don't try it on the 5D....damage will occur.

Bob

Ah of course. Darn, I only have 1 EF lens and that's my nifty fifty. The rest are EF-S! This could be more expensive than I thought!

Hi peter

The canon 5D is a fantastic camera as i bought one around a year ago for brand new for about £1100. I upgraded from a 350D (which in times still serves me well as a backup body).
As the 5D has a full frame sensor the purchase of the camera really depends on what you are looking to shoot with it.
It has a good build to it and a very nice feel espesually when you have the grip for it.
I would say $600 is a good price for a second hand one. Is it body only or any lenses with it?

Thanks; no I think it's just the body actually but I am waiting for confirmation on this.

Right, here is my ignorance. I am an amateur and enjoy street photography and portrait shoots, I use my 450D in this capacity mostly.

How would a full frame benefit me over a cropped sensor like my 450D has and how would that change the way I shoot / effect the way I shoot?

P

Thanks; no I think it's just the body actually but I am waiting for confirmation on this.

Right, here is my ignorance. I am an amateur and enjoy street photography and portrait shoots, I use my 450D in this capacity mostly.

How would a full frame benefit me over a cropped sensor like my 450D has and how would that change the way I shoot / effect the way I shoot?

P

Better noise handling and shallower depth of field (which might be a blessing or a curse), but you'll need longer lens to get the same FoV since you are losing the 1.6x crop.....so that nifty will look alot different.

Back