using helios 38 flash on Sony a200

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi there guys, just a question really, a relative of mine has a sony a200, and has a helios 38 auto flash, anyhows i brought an adapter from amazon, which fits the sony/minolta body and then fits a standard shoe for you to mount the flash, so we tried and failed, flash just wouldnt fire, even the pop up flash kept engaging even though the flashgun was attached :thinking:, so i contacted seller on amazon and he said that the adapter only works with canon/nikon/minolta flashguns, so my question is to you guys, is how do i get a helios 38 auto flash to work on a sony a200 :shrug:

Thanks andy............(y)

You need to be carefull of the trigger voltage from what I can find that flash has a trigger voltage of 175volts the only information I can find on safe trigger voltage for sony is 6 volts.
Apparently there was an adapter available but was for the a100 that can be used for high voltage flash but it's pricey.

Only other option is a PT-04 or similar remote system maybe - can get them on Ebay for £15 or so, or our own Flash-in-the-Pan on here does a very nice deal on a better system.

Arthur

Back