Using Monitor with external dvd player (non hdmi)

Name
Damian Brown
Edit My Images
No
I have a syncmaster 205bw which has 15pin vga and dvi connector input/outputs.... and i'm looking at it thinking I'd like to get rid of the big Hitachi TV next to it and just use the monitor

Research has made me buy a hdmi to dvd lead for a good price, and consider a new divx player, with hdmi...

But then I'm spotting that I can get for a fiver a scart to vga lead that in theory can connect my dvd player to my monitor...

The reason for posting is to see if anyone has any experience with this...

Thanks

I have a Samsung TV Monitor in my horsebox. I use a HDMI lead for the DVD and a scart lead for the Freeview box. You just have to select source on the monitor remote but works very well otherwise.

In order of quality (highest first) I would suspect it goes; HDMI, VGA, Scart

Thanks for your reply, excellent stuff. I've ordered a hdmi to dvi cable.. in slight excitement as I haven't actually got a hdmi dvd player/ps3 etc (may get a new dvd player, maybe)... but think i'm going to get a scart to vga cable and do that. Want to do away with the big hitachi which I use in the bedroom for dvds... Cheers

I have a Samsung TV Monitor in my horsebox. I use a HDMI lead for the DVD and a scart lead for the Freeview box. You just have to select source on the monitor remote but works very well otherwise.

In order of quality (highest first) I would suspect it goes; HDMI, VGA, Scart

And what does the horse like to watch then?;)

Ol' chap.. how is the picture with the scart to vga, ie with your freeview set up?? I'm now leaning away from that option after a visit to maplins and a few other places who said nobody really found the scart to vga acceptable... hmm.. mixed reviews suck.

Back