verdon

Edit My Images
No
As said..very nice, I like the portrait in this instance. If I'd seen this shot on it's own I'd have sworn it was one of Kenco's. What shopping did you do?

regards

Very nice - terrifying how deep that canyon is, I like the portrait framing in this shot also as it definately emphasises the height of the rock faces and leads you into the river cutting through it. The sky is pretty dramatic, nice how you got the transition of the sky in alignment with the canyon.

Great shot. it looks to my novice eyes as though it has been photo shopped though.. has it?

Genuine question from novice BTW. Not a critique.

stunning shot

have you done any processing? Looks cracking, whatever you did to it!

As others have said an excellent shot. It may be as you saw it (and as it really was) but to me it looks as if it has been brightened in places - it looks a deep canyon when you study the picture but there is not the darkness to indicate depth. I did not see the perspective at first glance and had to look closer to see the depth.

Probably an effect of the small size for web presentation.

version 900pixels

that photo was shot after a few rainy days and the transparency was extreme ... the storm coming all was fantastic with a strange light

I have a bit saturated the colors in RAW to TIFF 16bits exportation and of course sharpened it when resiging from 8millions pixels to that size here

thank you to everybody

stepheno said:
If I'd seen this shot on it's own I'd have sworn it was one of Kenco's.
Wouldn't catch me up there!!!!
Nice pic, the only thing that bothers me is the lack of detail in the water, I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing but it looks like a sheet of glass. Maybe it is too light but it stands out to much for me.

KenCo it is not a mixed picture ... of course I have worked around with curve saturation ... in adobe, but all elements were allready there

the water is clouds and rocks free :) as it was

Excellent photo :D Whenever I am in the south of France I make the effort to go an hire a canoe down on Lac de Saint Croix and paddle up the Verdon Gorge until I get exhausted.

Your photo makes me want to go back there, but it will be next summer at the earliest :(

Thankyou for sharing!

Back