Critique Verona holiday snaps

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
That's a good collection. (y)

No time to wait fot the family with the buggies to move for this one unfortunately as the Mrs started getting aggy. :rolleyes:

Rather than 'spray and pray' my photographic technique is more 'hit and run' in order to ensure we both have a good time away. ;)

Rather than 'spray and pray' my photographic technique is more 'hit and run' in order to ensure we both have a good time away. ;)

I've got that dilemma coming up. I think it will be grab and go when were together. More patient stuff when I leave her on the beach and go wandering.

1. Overlooking Verona at sunset.
Image-030 by David Walker, on Flickr

2. Verona Sunset
Image-029 by David Walker, on Flickr

3. San Giorgio in Braida Silhouette
Image-032 by David Walker, on Flickr

4. San Giorgio in Braida
Image-033 by David Walker, on Flickr

5. Giadino Gusti
Image-036 by David Walker, on Flickr

6. Arena di Verona. No time to wait fot the family with the buggies to move for this one unfortunately as the Mrs started getting aggy. :rolleyes:
Image-087 by David Walker, on Flickr

Nice shots. The stairs has a whole day shooting potential, if you had the time.

Lovely city got a pic of me somewhere holding the titty of Juliet’s statue , which was incredibly shiny from everyone doing the same over the centuries . .. is the McDonald’s still beside the coliseum that made me laugh

Thank you. I know what you mean, there was very little time put into these, in fact most of the scenic stuff was shot from various restaurants we ate at, either on the hills overlooking the town or don on the river.

Nice shots. The stairs has a whole day shooting potential, if you had the time.
It was certainly an interesting spot. didn't get an opportunity to go up the stairs unfortunately, too busy trying to stop my daughter from swimming with the terrapins in the fountain. :rolleyes:

Lovely city got a pic of me somewhere holding the titty of Juliet’s statue , which was incredibly shiny from everyone doing the same over the centuries . .. is the McDonald’s still beside the coliseum that made me laugh
We went to Juliet's house, crazy busy. Couldn't seem to find any information about the significance of the shiny boob. I guess some tourist did it once and everyone just copied thinking it was the done thing.

I love Verona. Been about 5 times now. Return flights can be had for about £60 from Birmingham during the winter months. Ive been to all those spots and the restaurant at the top of the steps (castel san pietro) is an excellent place to relax,look over the city and have a beer and pizza. Venice is only an hour or so away and Sirmione in Lake Garda is also 40 mins on the bus. Its a great city break. Always difficult to get good photos in busy tourist areas. Nice shots.

I love Verona. Been about 5 times now. Return flights can be had for about £60 from Birmingham during the winter months. Ive been to all those spots and the restaurant at the top of the steps (castel san pietro) is an excellent place to relax,look over the city and have a beer and pizza. Venice is only an hour or so away and Sirmione in Lake Garda is also 40 mins on the bus. Its a great city break. Always difficult to get good photos in busy tourist areas. Nice shots.
On our last day we did take the train out to Lake Garda, to Desenzano del Garda which was stunning.
Highlight was hiring a pink speedboat and setting off across the lake with the Moana soundtrack playing off the on board sound system. The closest my daughter has come to wetting herself with excitement! :LOL:

FB_IMG_1567715454787.jpg

Back