Very Large Civil War Re-enactment

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a heads up for anyone interested that there is a very large English Civil War Re-enactment at Blenheim Palace late May Bank Holiday. There is more information here: clicky-linky, but basically there are VERY large military and civilian living history camps, arena displays and the main battle.

If you like to see cavalry then go Sunday or Monday as there will be very little horse involvement on Saturday.

I will be there but won't have much chance to get the camera out as I'll be riding with the Parliamentarian cavalry in the battles and with the Oxford Blues in the arena displays (the Oxford Blues have very photogenic kit!). Do come and say hello if you come along.

Here is a link to the website of one of our main photographers to give you an idea of the sort of shots that are possible: John Beardsworth's re-enactment page

Last edited:
Links are skewed Sue.

Thanks Gramps, now sorted.

Sorry Matthew - as a heads up for planning purposes the next big one with cavalry is likely to be at Wentworth Castle in South Yorkshire 27-28 July, but it isn't confirmed yet.

Thanks Gramps, now sorted.

Sorry Matthew - as a heads up for planning purposes the next big one with cavalry is likely to be at Wentworth Castle in South Yorkshire 27-28 July, but it isn't confirmed yet.

I'll check it out though I have a feeling I'm booked already on one of my meets

Edit: I'm in North Yorkshire the previous weekend to that not sure I'll be able to get out two weekends on the trot :bang:

Last edited:
Back