video edit experiment

With stuff like this available on youtube, hallucinogenics are redundant!

I had to download VCL to play sound directly in windows 10 , Microsoft yet again are just not ujp to the latests

And the objective is what ?
to see what an editing suite called MOVAVI has in its program. I normally use Adobe premier elements but until yesterday due to slackness with microsoft not keeping up it would not play videos. Yesterday Microsoft did an update which now allows MOV files to play in the Adobe suite

I only today I tried a direct sound test downloaded from My Panasonic HC-X1500 and windows film and also
windows media player did not have any sound, However VCL media player does so set that as the default player for sound and vision.

To do anything with a video it pays to get a decent editing suite so now I have MOVAVI

Last edited:
I've had trouble editing MOV files from my Zoom Q2n in my Old Editor "Serif Movieplus X6" had to find a workaround using VLC.
Vcl is ok I have done the same, but the MOVAVI editing suite does a lot more and worth buying if your into editing a bit more

just messing about to see some of what it can do. Have to be carefull to use music in the suite or royality free music. Youtube do check

View: https://youtu.be/-RaCVZgx_Fs

View: https://youtu.be/2FA8SdRhep8

Cost me

Ordered item(s)
Unit Price
Total
1 x Movavi Video Editor Plus 2022 – Special Edition
18.29 GBP​
18.29 GBP​
1 x Download Insurance Service
8.29 GBP​
8.29 GBP​
1 x Movavi Backup CD
8.29 GBP​
8.29 GBP​
Sales Tax / VAT​
6.98 GBP​
Grand Total
41.85 GBP

Last edited:
I know my way round in Serif Movieplus X6, so as long as I can get it to read a file I'm happy. Learning a whole new package at my age doesn't thrill me at all, even if it's free

well I am 77 years old and more or less learn't a new package

Last edited:
I have been having a lot of problems with that editing suite and found out why. It was made for windows 8 and so are many others. Sometimes it worked and other times didn’t, that is no good to me so had a hunt around for one that worked on not only windows 10 but have MOV codec as well.
Eventually found one that does work on the above called " Filmora X"
Why all these other programs ,even adobe premier elements don’t do a proper upgrade instead of messing about with features beats me

Back