Video tripod advise

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm getting more interested in the video sides of "photography" recently and wondering if anyone can help regarding a tripod. At the moment I only have a cheap jessops type tripod. I use it more as a monopod if anything but would like a decent tripod.

The Manfrotto 504HD head looks amazing, but £350 for a head alone is sadly out of my budget!

Is there a more affordable good head which could be implemented with something like this maybe?

Cheers!

501 head is crap.

502 head I played with at focus was brilliant, and apparently it's going to be about twenty quid more than the 501. Released soon.

A track and a tripod head are completely different things. They are used for different purposes too.

Look at the Manfrotto 501 and 701 heads too. The 701 is not as good at smooth panning but is cheaper and lighter.

501 head is crap.

502 head I played with at focus was brilliant, and apparently it's going to be about twenty quid more than the 501. Released soon.

Cheers, have looked into the 501 and seems OK for the money! (y)

What's your budget?
Ideally £150. I have the feeling I need to save some more money for a decent tripod for video however so I might just get a decent monopod for now.

The Manfrotto 561BHDV-1 looks like a good bet.

Last edited:
At that budget the best you are going to do is a Libec TH-650, I have one and its a pretty good tripod for the price.

FYI the 561BHDV-1 is a monopod with a fluid base and a pan and tilt head. Not a tripod but a great tool nevertheless.

there was a new lightweight tripod I played with at Focus featuring a manfrotto 502 head. It cost about £400.

Pete

At that budget the best you are going to do is a Libec TH-650, I have one and its a pretty good tripod for the price.

Looks a nice price, will try to find some reviews on it!

FYI the 561BHDV-1 is a monopod with a fluid base and a pan and tilt head. Not a tripod but a great tool nevertheless.

there was a new lightweight tripod I played with at Focus featuring a manfrotto 502 head. It cost about £400.

Pete

My bad, it was a typo - I'm aware that its a monopod.

Back