videos at weddings?

Edit My Images
No
hi folks

we have recently decided to start into videoing weddings for an extra £ or 2! we've done a few receptions before but wanting to go a bit deeper with the actual weddings! (not good enough for photos yet) lol

i was wondering does anyone on here know how much people charge now-a-days for this for the wedding and reception etc? i just kinda want to know whats expensive and whats cheap!

thanks!! :thumb:

I think you need to find out what the pros are charging in your area Steve. Find out what the high and low end of what they're charging is. Then I think you have to pitch your price realistically somewhere at the bottom end of that scale or probably well under it. Every job is a learning curve at the stage you're at and I think your prices have to reflect your abilities as you progress. Remember too when you're looking at top end pro prices that they're making their living at it while you aren't, and you probably wont be having much dialogue with the tax man either. ;)

I've never done any video work but I've met loads of people who do this work from consumate pros to rank amateurs. The difference is in the editing, and I've heard many horror stories of people being presented with two or three hours of unedited disjointed footage of anything and everything, which they frankly can't be arsed to sit through. Don't be one of those mate - presenting a proper video is a very skilled job. :)

yea i know what you mean! thanks!

we have been looking at a few recent videos by ''professionals'' and they are nice but they arent anything we couldnt do! id say i havent saw any top drawer ones as yet though! we already do videos/dvds for rallying events so and have done a few receptions and so far have only been told good things! i personally havent a clue about editing, my brother has a few mad packages that he uses for that and im amazed at them! lol

we will have to start at the bottom but didnt want to be under/over charging!!

The chap who did our wedding was very good indeed, he charged us £750 and this included from The wife getting ready to the first dance. This was back in may 2004, he now charges over a grand :shock: .

I did my friends wedding last year, she was mega pleased with it and said it was as good as ours, the only difference being I had a canon mx250i £300 he had broadcast quality around £3000-4000. Its all about not getting camera shake, diving around and getting different angles and editing in a constructive, don't want to fall alseep after 20mins way.

I used to charge £750 'friends and family' rate for Military Weddings, but it depends on what the couple want - if they want really swish albums and stuff as well as CD-ROMs of all the photos it can go as high as £1500.

If you are confident your stuff's as good as the Pro's, charge Pro prices. Don't sell yourself short.

Back