View from the Watkin path

As with many things Rory, it's about timing - and you nailed this one perfectly. I also like the way the light path extends upwards in the image.

Awesome shot Rory. That would look good on a wall. (y)

Last edited:
"Excellent" landscape style capture Rory, nuff said.

I think you put the sun behind a cloud and take the same exact photo and it won't be the same exact photo. Discovered that years ago using my old Yashica 635 on an abandoned ranch house. Got set up with the camera on my tripod and took the shot. Film so couldn't check it right then. Wound the film to the next shot and while winding the sun came out! Well left everything exactly the same and got done winding and simply took another shot. Again, film and couldn't tell what had happened. Took the film in when I got home and got it back a few days later. The difference in those two shot's was unreal with the second shot blowing away the first shot. That photo made Shutterbugs "Talking Picture's" as the first reader photo in Jan 2002. That was a real eye opener that about the only way I was going to learn it was do it and see for myself! Never sent in another photo to any magazine after that. Not what you'd call brimming with confidence over my own abilities!

Last edited:
Back