Views from Snowdon over Easter

Name
Will
Edit My Images
No
I went up Snowdon over Easter weekend, in gorgeous weather and (sadly) surrounded by thousands of other people... I suppose you can't have it all though. Went over Crib Goch and down the Miners track, and got a few shots on the way up / down although nothing spectacular, as there were too many bodies around!

One: (fancied trying something different, so I went for a Hockney style panorama - no it doesn't line up, and the exposures are slightly different, but in a weird way I kinda like that, it's a bit different. This one also probably works better a bit bigger than we're allowed on here!)

Two: (View from the top over Crib Goch and Llyn Llydaw)

There were a few others that *would* have been nice if I hadn't been a massive idiot and forgotten my camera was on manual focus. Duh.

I do really like the top one. You're right, it does work better bigger...

DB

Like the first one a lot. It's the different exposures that make it work. If the joins had been seamless the image would just look like you'd got p**sed and gone mad with a pair of scissors ;) :D

No. 2 is cool and the cloud layer adds interest to my eyes, although I think maybe a little less sky and a little more foreground would emphasise the stature of Grib Goch more effectively.

You were lucky with the weather. I was up Snowdon on Good Friday and it was raining/cloudy, then up the Glyders on Easter Monday and it was hazy

Back