Views of the Western Highlands.

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few of the Landscape shots from my week up in the North West of Scotland;

Point_to_the_highlands_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Reflection_of_autumn_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

The_dawn_arises_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

The_last_of_the_warmth_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Reflected_kingdom_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Stormy_point_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Walk_on_up_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

The_ripples_of_time_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

He_still_stands_guard_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

A_slower_pace_of_living_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

If you happen to be an ocuk photocomp judge, please don't comment on these as one of them may be an entry for the Tranquil competition.

Like the castle, boardwalk and the last... out of a great set

3,7, 8,9,10! Each one I kept saying "WOW, that's the best one" until I reached the next, then the next.

Absolutely brilliant set......best I have seen for a long time. (y)

i agree on 7 and 8, what a great collection, what lens are you using?

Great stuff, keep it up, Im going up to ullapool for christmas, cant wait!! Im inspired!

Si

All excellent shots, but No8 all day long for me - a superb shot comprised of simple elements. :clap:

#7 & #8 for me... especially #8 for exactly the reasons given by CT.

I like the castle shot but something doesnt feel right about the reflection.

Keep looking back at #8 ... should be a poster that one (y)

awesome - off to the highlands myself in february, hoping for some snowy scenes... yeah right!
any chance you can tell us the locations? i recognise the castle i think..

Thank you everyone. :)

awesome - off to the highlands myself in february, hoping for some snowy scenes... yeah right!
any chance you can tell us the locations? i recognise the castle i think..

Erm, various places within 1 hours drive of Arisaig. thats all I know im afraid. :embarrassed:

What, no rain? 7 & 8 for me..... Crackers.

David.

Yeah, there was loads of rain on the Friday, but the rest of the week was mostly very moody clouds with lots of Godrays.:)

I've been wondering whether you would post these here, since I first saw them over at DA.

They're all very nice.

Thank you. Yeah, I post them up on DA first, then use that as my imagehost. :)

OMG.. i WISH i could take photos that good!! my guess is that given the same gear and location mine wouldnt be NEAR those!! :shrug:

Very impressive!! i love em.. id like to know what sort of processing was involved?? :thinking:

Can i be ur bag carrier?? PPPLLLEEEAASSEEE!!!!!!! (y)

Hard to choose favourites (they're all so good and extra special because I was there when you took them!) but I think #3 and #8 captivate me the most - the colours are just beautiful - I could look at them for ages...but I must work...boo

OMG.. i WISH i could take photos that good!! my guess is that given the same gear and location mine wouldnt be NEAR those!! :shrug:

Very impressive!! i love em.. id like to know what sort of processing was involved?? :thinking:

Can i be ur bag carrier?? PPPLLLEEEAASSEEE!!!!!!! (y)

I've already bagsied that role - step away! :p :LOL:

Lol.. @ Miss McT.. Im always just that bit too late!! lol.. :bang:

Great set of pictures. The first one I think might be at Ardtornish near Lochaline. The castle is Dorlin or Castle Tiorram near Acharacle If that helps your memory . Again a nice set You have a good eye for a shot

my favourites are - dammit - all of them (except possibly the mono)

the sand in #8 is particularly stunning

Oops got it wrong. The second one is of the River Shiel near the junction of the road that takes you to the castle.Sorry about that.

All breathtakingly gorgeous, but some I like more than others (this is me trying my best to play down how good all of them are :LOL: instead of sounding like I'm blowing smoke somewhere like normal) .... My favs are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 (guess it didn't work after all :lol).

Jo
xxx

Thank you everyone. Your all too kind.:)

OMG.. i WISH i could take photos that good!! my guess is that given the same gear and location mine wouldnt be NEAR those!!

Very impressive!! i love em.. id like to know what sort of processing was involved??

Can i be ur bag carrier?? PPPLLLEEEAASSEEE!!!!!!!

Keep taking pics and you'll keep improving.:) Nope, Miss McT might slap me if I invited more people along.;) The processing varies a fair bit depending on the shot, but most haven't had a huge amount done. Mainly level tweaks and dust/flare cloning (Snd there was a mighty lot of dust bunnies:()

I've already bagsied that role - step away! :p

Have you now? You carry my sarnies and drink (Because they won't fit in my bag) But are you now also offering to carry the rest of my kit. How very kind of you.:D

Great set of pictures. The first one I think might be at Ardtornish near Lochaline. The castle is Dorlin or Castle Tiorram near Acharacle If that helps your memory . Again a nice set You have a good eye for a shot

Thank you. Im going to have to trust you on that lot as I have no idea of the place names.

Oops got it wrong. The second one is of the River Shiel near the junction of the road that takes you to the castle.Sorry about that.

That sounds about right. It was on a corner of the road, through a little gate that said "Private, no entry".:LOL: Shame it was getting towards the end of the day as that area looked fascinating with the little boardwalk type things.

All breathtakingly gorgeous, but some I like more than others (this is me trying my best to play down how good all of them are :LOL: instead of sounding like I'm blowing smoke somewhere like normal) .... My favs are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 (guess it didn't work after all ).

Jo
xxx

:LOL: Thank you Jo, very kind of you. :)

7, 8 & 9 for me but all fabulous. :clap: Looks like I've got a lot to learn :crying:

Thank you. Im going to have to trust you on that lot as I have no idea of the place names.

That sounds about right. It was on a corner of the road, through a little gate that said "Private, no entry".:LOL: Shame it was getting towards the end of the day as that area looked fascinating with the little boardwalk type things.

Thought you had gone through the gate to the "boardwalk". Have they got the new one in yet? I supplied them with timber for them about two years ago.:LOL:They are for the salmon anglers.
If you ever return go to the castle & just past the house go along the shore to the cliffs. There you will find a path that takes you on a nice steep slippery walk with lots of photo opportunities. Wildlife, scenery,ruins etc

Like these a lot-great composition. No4 though would have been great if a little fill flash was used to highlight the foreground rocks.

Is a nice selection

Back