Views on third party batteries?

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering what peoples thoughts and experiences are.

I've a couple of genuine 511A's and a couple of third party. I've noticed over the last couple of months that the third party jobs have gradually been reducing in the charge they seem to hold. It was confirmed today when one of them, which was charged last night expired afer only about 50 shots.

They're all roughly the same age so I'm thinking it must be to do with lower quality?

If anyones got good experience with third parties which ones are you using?

I bought two from a seller on Ebay that is based in Scotland, they are higher rated than the original Canon one and so currently last longer. It cost me about £20 inc postage for the two so even if they don't hold charge or last as long come 12mths down the line I will still have saved money over buying Canon.

I had previously used "copy" batteries which where bought from 7 day shop for about £30 each so nowhere near as cheap but they also worked equally as good as the Canon originals.

Time will tell with the Scottish versions but so far I am a happy camper. :)

I have used this ebay seller previously for compatibles and used them again some months ago for batteries (and a charger that can work mains/car) for my 20D.

The batteries are higher capacity than the canon original and do seem to last longer. I have not noticed any reduction in capacity in the 5 months ish I have had them.

Back