Views on this Photoshop Blend

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Been messing with photoshop and wanted some views on this output -its a bit rough and ready but I am still learning with PS and only had limited time :)

Basically I've taken a picture of a Cheshire evening sunset, and put that as a backdrop to Picadilly Circus in London....

what do you think???

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

and the output:

1c.jpg

I think you've blended this really well. The only thing I would say is that the light on the buildings doesn't fit. You may want to adjust them somehow. Perhaps lightening them up, I'd probably do it with curves. Having said that, I'm not an expert on PS. It's a good job and had I not have been told I don't think I would have known you dropped the sky in Post processing. I would have just thought you were lucky to get that sky on Piccadilly circus.

Not being any sort of expert either on PS, I think you've blended the two images well together, so you won't see any 'lines'.

But one little thing for me is that the sky and the buildings don't 'match' in color. The sky is very warm and dramatic, but none of that is reflected in the buildings... the buildings look like they do not belong ...

I like the image itself, just find the difference in contrast a little too much.

Looks like a lot of work to me.

Clone out the aerials from your sunset image and you have a cracker of a picture.

thanks for the positive comments.... your probably right about the sky and the buidings not matching (the sky pic is the only one I had available :p) - but i was just testing my ability to colour in neatly more than anything :p

I had a bit of trouble with the cloning actually (though i didnt spend tooooooooooooooo long on it)

for some reason when i picked my sample area it wouldnt go over the trees (using clone stamp)

is that the correct tool or should i have been using something else?

Back