Vintage aircraft

Edit My Images
Yes
Heres a trio of great classics that are based at my local airfield White waltham. These are my first pics using my new canon 70-200mm f 4.0 L lens..

Bucker Jungmeister.
anet1.jpg

Harvard.
anet4.jpg

Piper Cub.
anet3.jpg

Neil

Shutter speed was spot on for the first and third ones, but you've lost the prop on th Harvard. Pin sharp though :)

Shutter speed was spot on for the first and third ones, but you've lost the prop on th Harvard. Pin sharp though :)

A couple of points about the Harvard....

The prop will be turning much faster than the others during the takeoff run. The Harvards prop is so large and RPM is high and this is what gives it the particular Harvard sound....the prop tips are just supersonic when power is poured on.

A trio of nice shots though.

Bob

lovely shots, great advert for the F4 too (y)

Thanks guys. The lens is excellent, i used to use a sigma 135-400, and never got photos this sharp before. Unfortunately the sun aws in and out of the clouds so I used iso 200 and a shutter speed of 1/320th. Would liked to have gone to 250th.
Neil

Don't quite agree there old man...

The lost prop is more an issue of bright background sky IMHO.:shrug:

Look closely and you will see prop blur comparable to the others.

The Jungmeister has sunlight bouncing off the prop blades making it more visible against the b/g.

The Taylorcraft has the benefit of a dark engine cowling supplying a b/g for the red and white tip stripes.

Also both these birds are closer than the Harvard.

(y)

Thanks guys. The lens is excellent, i used to use a sigma 135-400, and never got photos this sharp before. Unfortunately the sun aws in and out of the clouds so I used iso 200 and a shutter speed of 1/320th. Would liked to have gone to 250th.
Neil

Despite us aviation nuts rambling on those are some great shots Morph!

Do show some more soon(y)

Despite us aviation nuts rambling on those are some great shots Morph!

Do show some more soon(y)

Thanks Anton. The jungmeister is one of my favourite aircraft. I think its much prettier than the jungmann. I'm looking forward to this air display season and trying out the New lens. So far i'm going to do Abingdon, Duxfords may display, kemble, biggin, fairford and legends!!
Rgeards Neil

Back