Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 Macro (Komine)

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
No
Posting this in this forum as again, no-one outside of this forum will be interested in this lens, I suspect.

Just purchased this lens and plan to use it reversed on my X-T1. Anyone else here using one? It gets some rave reviews and I managed to snag one, in apparently mint condition, for just over £80.

Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 Auto-Macro (Komine)

Last edited:
You must have a hell of a collection of lenses Dunc, this looks a good one and for £80 (and its age, I bet it was a small fortune when new) - will be good to see what comes out of that

You must have a hell of a collection of lenses Dunc, this looks a good one and for £80 (and its age, I bet it was a small fortune when new) - will be good to see what comes out of that

I haven't actually, Carl. I sold most of mine when I changed systems. I now have 7 lenses in total:

FujiFilm XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS
Laowa (Venus) 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro
JML Optical 21mm f/3.5
JML Optical 20x NA 0.30
Nikon EL-Nikkor f/2.8 N
Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Sonnar MC f/3.5 135mm Electric (5th Gen) (4 Digit Serial)

The only general lens I have is the 18-55mm. The others are all geared towards macro or extreme macro. I'm looking forward to trying the Zeiss 135mm as a standard prime, though.

I haven't actually, Carl. I sold most of mine when I changed systems. I now have 7 lenses in total:

FujiFilm XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS
Laowa (Venus) 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro
JML Optical 21mm f/3.5
JML Optical 20x NA 0.30
Nikon EL-Nikkor f/2.8 N
Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Sonnar MC f/3.5 135mm Electric (5th Gen) (4 Digit Serial)

The only general lens I have is the 18-55mm. The others are all geared towards macro or extreme macro. I'm looking forward to trying the Zeiss 135mm as a standard prime, though.
interesting collection there!

@Carlh

Generic image now replaced with my own, this one showing the complete setup to reverse it on the X-T1. Have to say, from a few tests, this lens looks seriously spot on and may well replace the Laowa for live bug shots. It looks relatively easy to work with outside and reversed. Decent light in the viewfinder compared to the Laowa and sharpness seems about there, too. All for £100 with adapters?

Ive just acquired a Jupiter 11A 135mm F4 lens and like you and your CZ i am looking forward to using it on the XT1 as a portrait prime for outdoors.

Back