Vivitar P/K mount same as K mount?

andephotographic

Suspended / Banned
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
I have a Vivitar V335 which I understand has a K mount.
I am looking for a wide angle lens to go on this and am seeing lenses advertised as K mount and P/K mount.
Are these interchangeable?
Will both (either) work on my V335?

I also have a Pentax ME super which is at my girlfriends house, anyone got any idea if the ME Super and the V335 share a lens mount?

Cheers, Ande.

If I remember correctly, the Vivitar SLR's made in the late 80s (which includes yours) used a Pentax K mount, which means any lens advertised as having a P/K or even P/KA mount will fit onto your Vivitar. This includes lenses described as K mount fitting.

Pentax's 'M' series lenses were manufactured at the time they made their 'M' series SLR's such as the MX, ME-Super, and MG. The later 'A' series lenses were introduced when Pentax released a new line of SLR's such as the Super A and Program A, and these newer lenses were needed to activate the program exposure feature which these cameras had. However, the newer lenses will still mount onto the older cameras and vice-versa.

I'm not entirely familiar with your Vivitar, but if it's a manual or aperture-priority camera, then any of the P/K or P/KA fitting lenses will work fine with it, which includes lenses you have for your ME-Super.

As 'Carl' explained I believe all K mount, Pk etc can be used , I thought the A suffix was for auto focus lenses though I believe they 'fit', Im not sure how they function (if there's a manual option) on older cameras. I had an ME Super & I never found a 'k' lens that didn't fit.

Well I can confirm that the 50mm SMC Pentax-M from my Pentax ME Super did indeed fit onto my Vivitar V335 and the 35-70 from the Vivitar fitted the Pentax just fine.

Been making a bit more use of my 35mm cameras this week, my Konica FS-1 with 40mm Hexanon is small enough to slip into a large coat pocket and the Vivitar with the Petax 50mm is quite compact too.
I'm going to be looking for a 28mm or 30mm prime to fit either of them now.

Back