Vlogging cameras options?

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
So I've been looking at the DJI Pocket 2 creator combo as it seems to get decent reviews but it's nearly £500 to buy.

I'm wondering what else people are using and if that chunk of money could be better spent with a different product?

I've currently using a Insta360 One R that I use with the Rode Wireless Go for audio. I've found that the video can be not great and, even with their flowstate stabilisation, video isn't as smooth as I'd like. I watched a video on YouTube that compares the video from the Insta360 and Pocket 2 and the later was much better and clearer.

What draw me to the Insta360 was its all weather so I can vlog if the weather changes but cameras such as the DJI Pocket 2 are not and I then wonder what other people are using that allows them to vlog in all weather.

I'm open to all suggestions to research!

Thanks.

The pocket 2 isn't all that wide just about Ok to speak to at arms length.
The Action 3 is really good except not in low light - I see Amazon selling them at £280
Where it really shines is outstanding battery life and stabilisation.
Super quick start up and into record about 3 seconds plus seems very stable uncrashable.

Last edited:
If you have a decent PC, just buy a cheap Webcam (some are available for under £30 on Amazon) and use recording software (which is often free depending on the OS) to record a Vlog, and then chuck it on YouTube or wherever.

GoPro hero 9, 10 or 11 all have a front facing screen (so you know your in the shot) and can be used in all weathers, 10 is £320, 11 is £350, stabilisation is great, all 3 shoot in 5K option of an external mic. The 11 creator edition with light, mic and tripod is £530 (Tripod is an external battery grip with remote controls 4hr battery use).

Last edited:
If you have a decent PC, just buy a cheap Webcam (some are available for under £30 on Amazon) and use recording software (which is often free depending on the OS) to record a Vlog, and then chuck it on YouTube or wherever.
I suspect the OP is after higher quality footage than a cheap webcam would give. Hollywood doesn't use £ 30 webcams to make films.

Thanks all, I bought a DJI Pocket 1 from a gentleman on here and have coming, the USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor so I'm now officially good! As its the Pocket 1, it was a lot cheaper than the latest creator combo Pocket 2, so I have kept the Insta360 without the need to sell it on, so I have a waterproof back up option also now

Back