VTEC just kicked in yo!

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
I had to buy a new lawnmower on the weekend, so I settled for a Honda powered JCB. For those that know about the VTEC parody, after I finished mowing, it seemed wrong to not grab the camera and flash for this self portrait :D

I do so enjoy making silly pictures for fun :LOL:

VTEC.jpg

:LOL:

This is brilliant, love it (y)

did you land on your feet after the shot was taken?

:)

Great image - Honda could be in touch soon for a whole new series of ads.................. :)

:LOL: brilliant!

A friend did these sorts of shots recently, and I think they're brilliant! (y)

flol need to get a superman cape to go with it

Not only the kid... :thinking:

Its actually pretty simple in principle, setup the camera on a tripod and in manual mode, do 1 shot with just the background to give you the scene (using natural light only). Then, without touching the camera at all, place the lawnmower in the scene, and a chair for me to balance on. Then, set the camera to timer mode (10 sec), run into the scene, balance on the chair and pull up the lawnmower to get into pose. Wait for image to fire (this time with a flash head off camera to highlight the subject.

Then, take both images into photoshop, layer them together and clone out the chair, then airbrush in a shadow, add some motion blur where needed and apply my normal post processing techniques to create the final image...

voila :D

jamesoliverstone said:
Its actually pretty simple in principle, setup the camera on a tripod and in manual mode, do 1 shot with just the background to give you the scene (using natural light only). Then, without touching the camera at all, place the lawnmower in the scene, and a chair for me to balance on. Then, set the camera to timer mode (10 sec), run into the scene, balance on the chair and pull up the lawnmower to get into pose. Wait for image to fire (this time with a flash head off camera to highlight the subject.

Then, take both images into photoshop, layer them together and clone out the chair, then airbrush in a shadow, add some motion blur where needed and apply my normal post processing techniques to create the final image...

voila :D

So all in all the photo took more tome than mowing the lawn ?

Great fun image and good work, and being a Honda man myself I loved it:D

Thats pretty impressive nice work! Can I ask how you did the shadow so well?

Oh heavens!! I'm joining you on the lighting fundamentals course on Sunday James, you never mentioned bringing the lawn mower!:D

Back