Vulcan Bomber

Name
K
Edit My Images
No
I took this shot last year at Yeovilton, unfortunately due to a mechanical fault the Vulcan was not able to fly but it gave me the chance to get real close.

Take Me Under Your Wing

Posted using Stream Pickr.

Regards..,

K ;)

Awesome, makes you realise what a big plane this is. Havent seen it in the air for 20 years, would hopeto see it again sometime.

Is Yeovilton its permanent home now? It seems only yesterday when I was watching these at airshows back in the 80's!

Your photo is an interesting angle and certainly conveys the sheer size of this aircraft, impressive. I'd like to see a full a/c shot as well.

Is Yeovilton its permanent home now? It seems only yesterday when I was watching these at airshows back in the 80's!

Your photo is an interesting angle and certainly conveys the sheer size of this aircraft, impressive. I'd like to see a full a/c shot as well.

I don't think that it is based at Yeovilton, I could be wrong though.

I do have some other shots of it that I will post as I plough on through my negatives.

The main problem is that for the last 2 years the weather has been terrible at Yeovilton for the show and a lot of the planes did not fly because of it and those that did are set against a pretty grey sky.

Regards..,

K :)

The Vulcan is not based at Yeovilton, in fact I'm not sure what will be its permanent home. It was Bruntingthorp, but it's currently at Lyneham undergoing maintenance, hopefully in time for Yeovilton air day this year, but looks a bit tight.

I wasn't at the air day last year, which I gather was very wet. I did though make the Friday arrivals and the big 'tin triangle' made it in about 7pm. It made one thuderous overshoot, then landed second time around. Was awesome stood right under it!

Hope to see it again sometime this year. Fantastic aircraft.

Back