Wacom Bamboo Graphics Tablet

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Been looking at getting a graphics tablet for playing around with in photoshop.

Quite like the look and price of the wacom bamboo fun/small graphics tablet. Seems to be just the job for £60.

Has anyone got one? and what do you think of it? Or are there any others, people would recommend?

I got a Bamboo for chrimbo. (A6)

So far it is pretty good, though a week on, I am still getting to grips with it. I haven't yet tried any 'fine' stuff in photoshop as I am still getting used to it but I can definately see the benefits.

I recommend it so far. However, ask me again 6 months or so down the road!

I got one a couple of weeks ago and love it. You can customise the buttons to certain actions or even to open certain programmes, like photoshop, email, internet, etc.

It does take a bit of getting used to but it now feels more natural then using a mouse. The writing function is quite handy for using to input search criteria and stuff.

Mine is the Wacom Bamboo, the black one but there are two others the Bamboo One and the Bamboo Fun. I'm assuming that they work in pretty much the same way but don't know if they all have the same functions.

I definetely recommend getting one, I've found it really useful for photoediting.

My Wacom tablet is the best accessory I ever bought for my computer. I've the Graphire 4 , but I would think the bamboo is fine addition to you retouching armory You'll find masking a whole lot easier with a tablet.

i've got one, had it for about a month now, on eBay for about 80GBP, it's the larger size model around 10x8"...works very well & great for editing pics with, can also do lots of pressure pen related touch-ups, etc. VERY good addition to the kit.

well I bought the Bamboo Fun tablet tonight.

Found it for £60 on Amazon, so printed off the page and got it from PC World on the way from work. PC World price matched Amazons price (PC World was £80)

Only had a quick play with it, but so far pretty impressed :)

well I bought the Bamboo Fun tablet tonight.

Found it for £60 on Amazon, so printed off the page and got it from PC World on the way from work. PC World price matched Amazons price (PC World was £80)

Only had a quick play with it, but so far pretty impressed :)

wow, you're tellin me that if you find a price cheaper on amazon.co.uk or somethin' and take a printout into PC world, they'll match it????

yes - even says so on PC world's website :)

can't remember the last time i payed full price for something a PC world

My Wacom tablet is the best accessory I ever bought for my computer. I've the Graphire 4 , but I would think the bamboo is fine addition to you retouching armory You'll find masking a whole lot easier with a tablet.

:agree: ... ive the same kit

I got one for christmas, its pretty essential if your doing alot of photoshop in my opinion!

I've got an old A3 wacom tablet. I only ever use it in photoshop, but consider it essential as it's quicker and more accurate than the mouse.

I've got an old A3 wacom tablet. I only ever use it in photoshop, but consider it essential as it's quicker and more accurate than the mouse.

Agree with this. I use mine for almost everything now. Much easier and more natural holding the pen as opposed to the mouse.

Been thinking of getting one of these but wasn't sure if A6 would be big enough. How are do you find it?

I bought my daughter an intuos3 A4, I have tried it with photoshop and I really don't like it at all! I find the mouse far more accurate and easier to use! It might be because it is too big, I would like to try the A5 version.

Just had a look on Wacom's site, I am now drooling over the Cintiq model! It is a flat screen monitor with the graphics tablet built into it..... N i c e ..... Want that one!

Another shout here.. I've got the basic bamboo tablet (couldn't see the benefit of the other two as it just seems in the main like you are paying for extra bundled software) and it's a fine piece of kit. (Much better than the old equivalent I had from Trust)

The bamboo fun is the one to go for if you haven't already got Photoshop Elements as it comes with PSE 5.

Back