Waddesdon Manor

Name
Mike Jones
Edit My Images
No
Another shot from last weekend, taken in the grounds of Waddesdon Manor just as the sun broke through the dark clouds. (5 minutes earlier it looked like it was going to pour down with rain!)

waddesdonmanor4aq.jpg

Mike

Very strong colour there and a nice quality of light, my only crit would be the front of the building seems a bit burned out.

Nice lead in lines and very strong colours. If the people where not there it would almost look fairytail. You just need a knight in shining armour on horseback :)

it'd have to be a shire horse ;)

nice shot btw, great light there. If it was raw you could always try to save the highlights on the castle and the merge it with the proper exposure. Just a thought.

Steep you're right, it is a bit burned/washed out Re-worked the original raw file (thanks Gandhi), and give it a tad more sharpening too.
Thanks for the comments :)

waddesdonmanor2ha.jpg

Mike

much improved. just got to clone out the peeps and paste in shrek and the princess (ct and minimeeze?) and the job will be complete :D :LOL: :D

I found shrek but the princess ran away after seeing the handbag!!

Sorry Mike, didnt mean to detract from your excellent picture. I just got carried away from what Gandhi said.

Heh, that is funny, but unless it's posted for a 'photoshop' jobbie I dont' think we should be mucking up someone's 'work' simply for poking fun? :shrug:

Cheers,

Jewel

mfwild13 said:
I found shrek but the princess ran away after seeing the handbag!!

Sorry Mike, didnt mean to detract from your excellent picture. I just got carried away from what Gandhi said.

No worries, no offence taken :)

Glad you all like the reworked version
Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

Mike

Gandhi said:
much improved. just got to clone out the peeps and paste in shrek and the princess (ct and minimeeze?) and the job will be complete :D :LOL: :D

:cautious: :LOL: Yeah, the princess from Shrek 2 :razz:

The second, reworked shot is much better. Some lovely rich colours in there. I do agree that it would look better without the people in it though.

Back