Wales Rally GB

Name
Giles
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks more pics from Wales. Would appreciate your comments on them. It was my first real competitive rally (only been to goodwood and the like before) and wasn't really sure what to expect - heard of being penned in etc. So armed with new camera (D300) and a couple of lenses I went to try and get shots that captured what it was like, rather than just cars.

I must say it was flippin difficult, if it wasn't fog, it was pelting it down with rain, or there was just no light. All were taken at ISO1600 except 3 which were at 3200. So I don't think they're as sharp as I'd like throughout, but is soft sometimes ok?

1: Very foggy at resolfen.
DSC_0179.jpg

2: Wet, dark and cold at resolfen. Both taken at ISO3200. Are these too blurred / soft / grainy?
DSC_0463.jpg

3: A bit closer
DSC_0471.jpg

4: Spectator capturing Ponz
DSC_0556.jpg

5: Henning drifting
DSC_0671.jpg

6: Spectators getting wet
DSC_0863.jpg

7: Para's leap
DSC_0934.jpg

8: Scenic view
DSC_1005.jpg

9: Into the night (taken at ISO3200 again too noisy?)
DSC_1088.jpg

10:
DSC_2281.jpg

More of my pictures can be seen here

I like all of them! 1, 5 & 6 are marginally my favourites. You must have been almost next to me for the whole rally ;) as I snapped some similar (if rather less professional looking) pics from both Epynt & Trawscoed.

You did very well to get to so many different stages. I'm also impressed with the clarity at ISO 1600/3200. I also had the ISO cranked up (didn't go to 3200), but I seemed to get a lot more noise.

Thanks for the comments. niki265, just looked at yours, yep we definately must have been pretty close at Trawscoed both in the morning at the hairpin and then by the looks of it at the other muddy hairpin on the otherside. I was sat just in an opening in the trees on the bank, just far enough up the bank not to get moved on by the marshals.

Ahh. Indeed. Our pics of the Pug with the glowing exhaust are almost identical :) I was right at the end of the spectator section on that corner, collecting plenty of dirt over the camera body. It was a good spot.

Well done!! 3200 iso shots are impressive!!

No's 4,5 and number 7 in particular are brill shots. Really like number 7. The weather was a tad wet, lol,:D but I always think it's well worth going, and glad I went. Plus, seeing them at Cardiff Stadium was good too.:)

Back