Wales.......

Edit My Images
Yes
Snowdonia national park to be precise. Mostly around Harlech, Criccieth and Black-rock Sands!

I was a bit disappointed, it was beautifully sunny but bloody freezing cause of the wind, so I missed out on all those lovely shots of reflections in the lakes :hissyfit:

These are just a few of my faves of the sunset shots. I'll post my holiday snaps in another thread! :whistle2:

wales-day1-079.jpg

wales-day1-052.jpg

wales-day1-054.jpg

wales-day1-065.jpg

walesday2sunset-028.jpg

walesday2sunset-006.jpg

Sorry, there's rather a few! Feel free to comment, but ideally i'd like to your faves. I'll make the effort to return favours this afternoon as I've not been around much this last week or so. I'm gonna spam up the forum a little more then I'm off to a job interview!

TFL!

1. I like the way the wood leads you into the sunset.

4. I like the texture of the sand on this one. Shame the sunset colours were not reflected in it a bit more..... I'd like to have seen what that looked like.

I think... mmmm the last one is my favourite. I'm a sucker for sunsets and though some may feel its too strong I love the the way you have a layered look to it with the varying distances and the few clouds give the expanse of 'orange' a bit of texture so that it doesn't overpower the picture.

the first one does it for me - I like the muted colours, and the way the eye is nicely led into it by the wood, the rocks and the mountainy things :)

1. Probably my favourite. Multiple parallel lines leading toward the hidden sunset, footprints in the sand, good reflection. My only minor issues are the wave almost exactly aligning with the end of the pier and the white wave crests on the LHS but I expect neither of these are a problem on the full size version.

6. Very nice. Could be even better with a standard 3:2 crop to reduce a little of the sky.

5. I like the sky, coastline and colouration but the foreground seriously needs some interest.

The rest are good shots but dont really do much for me.

Mark

its the last 2 for me aswell. i like the colours and scenery...

for me it has to be number 5 great colurs :thumb:

Cheers for the feedback guys, all taken and noted for further use. The reason I was trying to fathom favourites is I'm about to start selling off my pics locally and I'm kind of assaying the market as to what people find attractive. Photographers probably aren't the best people to ask though LOL!

Ally, I was using my panasonic FZ30, on a tripod. ISO80, F8-F11, exposure anywhere between 1/30 and 20 seconds. Incidentaly, the last one was handheld. Image stabilisation is great ;)

The last two really jump out at me. I like the pattern in the sand and the nice blue tones in there. The last one is nice with the different layers and all but agree with mfwild, too much uninteresting sky.

cheers,

jules :)

jewel said:
The last two really jump out at me. I like the pattern in the sand and the nice blue tones in there. The last one is nice with the different layers and all but agree with mfwild, too much uninteresting sky.

cheers,

jules :)

so would this be better then?

walesday2sunset-004.jpg

I did produce a crop originally, but then went back cos I quite liked the sky.

I agree with what people said about the lack of foreground interest in the penultimate one, but without 'importing' something, I was stuck with just the texture of the sand to provide some level of interest!

This was my choice out of this set. I prefer the pano version and the grass saturation is much more in keeping with the rest of the shot. ;)

ideally I would've liked to have had a higher viewpoint, and removed the grass and hedge completely, but I was stood on a wall as it was already!

I love #5 Spencer, lovely colours and the sand does give interest in my opinion :)

Gandhi said:
so would this be better then?

walesday2sunset-004.jpg

I did produce a crop originally, but then went back cos I quite liked the sky.

I agree with what people said about the lack of foreground interest in the penultimate one, but without 'importing' something, I was stuck with just the texture of the sand to provide some level of interest!

Yeah I like that crop of the sky better, but leave the foreground in. The nice green grass added to it. Did ya crop that out too or am I just not awake yet? :D It's such a pretty shot,nice colours

Jewel

No, you're not crazy, the foreground has been cropped too. I think what has happened is I took 2 or 3 frames at different focal lengths, some with more or less foreground and sky. The cropped version is from a different exposure, and one of them is from a jpeg rather than the raw file as for some reason the jpeg has retained the detail in the sky, but on the raw file it's blown:dizzy: :ponders:

Now I'm the confused one :banghead:

Its a nice set of shots and dare I say it, they are all in your style.

The last one caugh my eye when you first presented it but the crop I always though was wrong, your panoramic version is much more to my liking and I feel the crop to the foreground is right as it is :)

Back