Walk along the Thames

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I went for a walk along the Thames the other evening with my cam and tripod. I know these have been done loads before but these are some of the classic shots of London so wanted some for myself :)

Feedback welcome :)

1. Underground
[
Underground by Trevor Sherwin Photography, on Flickr

2. London Eye

London Eye by Trevor Sherwin Photography, on Flickr

3. Millenium Bridge

Millennium Bridge by Trevor Sherwin Photography, on Flickr

4. Tower Bridge At Dusk (HDR)

Tower Bridge At Dusk by Trevor Sherwin Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

As you say all classic views but I do like the colours in the Tower bridge shot. Shot at just the right time to match the lights and the sky.

Tower Bridge shot is excellent. Rest are good but been done to death a bit. Colours, lights and contrast in Tower Bridge make it really stand out though, and such a wonderful landmark

I really love #1! That POV is amazing, and the colour-spotting really works!

@trevr, Nice shot on the Tower Bridge! The colors are well-mixed.

I agree, yes done before but often not well! (I include myself in that assessment!). I really love number 1 - I might have to "borrow" your idea - I actually haven't seen this angle before I don't think.

The Tower bridge shot is also lovely, very well executed. Great lighting, spot on exposure and perfectly composed.

I like 2 & 3 also, but they look a little over saturated for me (or are they just HDR but you didn't mention it?). The sky just looks a little over done for my taste.

I agree, yes done before but often not well! (I include myself in that assessment!). I really love number 1 - I might have to "borrow" your idea - I actually haven't seen this angle before I don't think.

The Tower bridge shot is also lovely, very well executed. Great lighting, spot on exposure and perfectly composed.

I like 2 & 3 also, but they look a little over saturated for me (or are they just HDR but you didn't mention it?). The sky just looks a little over done for my taste.

Thanks!! :)

Shot 1 certainly isn't original. I think it is an idea that gets borrowed rather than come across at the time of passing the location. The reason is where you have to stand is right outside Westminster tube and it is soooo busy there that you essentially have to stand in the middle of the path blocking everyone to take the image.

2 & 3 are not HDR but do have some vignetting to add a bit of drama which is adding to the deeper blue sky.

Thanks again :)

very nice indeed.
love tower and millennium shots (possible crop a little sky off the millennium shot myself).

all of these shots are great examples of what can be done with a bit of thought and a good eye.

Back