Walks by water

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
A few I came across while walking past ponds and rivers

Hope they are good enough!

Hi John and welcome to TP. The Pigeons dont really do much for me but that is just the subject matter more than anything else ;) it is exposed well and I like the way you have kept just one of the birds in focus, not sure if it would have looked better if the bird in the front was in focus and the one behind was not, again that would be just down to peoples preference. #2 #3 and #4 are again well exposed and show some nice sharp detail so well done on that front, pity about the clipped tail in #2 but we have all done that ;)

The exposure on the Swan does not look bad either, not an easy one as it does not take much to blow the white highlights, the head looks a little soft which could have been caused by to slow a shutter speed or a slight jerking movement when pressing the shutter. Are they good enough for posting up? Of coarse they are (y) Keep sending them in.

Thanks for your comments Rich. First time I've really concentrated on this subject matter. I agree there are issues with focus which is finding a happy medium between sharp image and DOF. I'm pleased you think the're worthy of posting and C&C is always welcome as a way of improvement.

Back