Wanted - Slideshow Program

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
As it says really - I need a program to make photo slide-shows for CD and DVD with a few features more than you get on Windows Movie Maker, but not as complicated as Adobe Premiere.

I've got (in addition to the aforementioned) NeroVision 3, which is better than the Windows package in that it allows import of music files from iTunes (the others don't because I used the default encoding when I originally set up my iTunes instead of ticking the generic MP3 box!), but is still limited in terms of effects and transitions.

I only need a fairly basic package but one that allows different levels of compression (Windows is too coarse and the images look rubbish), the facility to add some nice transitions and fades between slides, some decent effects and the facility to import various types of music. It should be able to save as a variety of formats - WMV and Quicktime compatible.

I know there are some decent DVD-authoring programs out there for Macs, but since I run on Win XP, I'm not having much luck so far...

Any ideas?

I don't know what image editing software you're using but Elements has a slide show function which I am sure you can add music to.

I've been playing with Pro Show Gold demo all day and it looks close to what I want.
I don't seem to be able to apply the same effects to all images (zoom ratios etc), but have to do one image at a time which is a little laborious. Also the synch to soundtrack is a little cumbersome - it doesn't sych to the beat of the track very effectively, just matches the length of the slideshow to the length of the track. I had to sit with my finger on the #1 button and tap in time to the music to get a reasonable edit. Pretty boring with 200 images to go through... 1..2..3..TAP..1..2..3..tap..1..2..3..tap..1..2..3..hello the phone's ringing..grr start again!

But it's close.

Back