War memorial under a full moon

Name
mick
Edit My Images
No
Not sure if this is worthy of being in this section looking through some of the work anyhow for what it is it was taken a couple of nights ago lit from the left using a Lensor P7 and natural light.. if anyone has any suggestions about how I could have improved say the look of the Moon.. short of dropping in another in using PP softwear would be interested in your thoughts

canon 70d f9 45secs ISO 100 spot metered

url=https://flic.kr/p/n8FtzK]
13870409753_a96996662f.jpg
[/url]Huncoat war memorial1 by michaelm24, on Flickr

I'm no expert at night photography though I do know how difficult it is but I think this is a cracking image, the exposure, colour balance and lighting are spot on.

Sorry I don't think the light painting looks natural because of the lit grass.

Thank you both for taking the time to comment.. Im glad you like it Sam very encouraging for me.. and as for the lit grass I understand what you are saying Byker perhaps a couple of exposures with shorter exposure time using torch beam on half power may have reduced the glare in that area when blended together later

On the pc now not phone so I can write a little more :)

Overall I like the composition and I think it's got promise as it's a great location with the street lights behind. How about a little earlier in the evening just after sunset has finished and the sky goes that deep royal blue. The moon will be lower and possibly bigger. You might only need a little light painting on the memorial to pick it out. The trouble is at the moment the light source should be from the moon, so backlit, but suddenly there's this large light source from the left.
Or as you say, perhaps shade down the light painting a little. I've one of the larger LED lenser torches that allows you to fade the power.

ah right I wasn't thinking about making it naturalistic tbh.. but now you point it out I can see what kind of considerations should be taken into account when attempting this kind of thing.. was just happy to get some kind of exposure (you should have seen the ones I deleted lol) This was taken just before dawn so the light was fading in rather than out... thanks for your comments Byker I will certainly take your suggestions on board

Back