Warbirds down low Mon 18th Feb

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
A quiet day yesterday by recent standards but still some birds around to put on a show :-

hawktbay18feb1.jpg

harrtbay18feb1.jpg

harrtbay18feb3.jpg

harrtbay18feb5.jpg

torntbay18feb1.jpg

torntbay18feb3.jpg

torntbay18feb5.jpg

Cheers
Bill

All fantastic stuff but that last one is amazing! (y)

Yup!

That last shot must be close to stealing military secrets. :LOL:

Mr consistent strikes again (y).

Great shots Bill.

Steve...

Excellent stuff, you can even see the rivets in the last one :eek::eek:

:clap::clap:

Alan

I never tire of seeing these shots! Truly amazing and something I'd love to try.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

If I had the right gear I would love to try this, even if my shots turned out rubbish I would be happy. Must be such a buzz on the hill with these flying past.

Sterling work as always Bill.
Thanks for posting.
Dean:)

Excellent as normal :clap: Agree with above that the last one is superb (y)

Thanks guys lucky with the weather again will have to get to a new location though need some new angles.

Bill

Stunning shots Bill...I love that angle you have there......they look right underneath you........there all cracking shots but the last 'Cockpit' image is a bit special!.......unbelievable shot...........Cheers Barry

Dseered come to the mast and go low down on the motorway side just above the little quarry and be patient you will get your shot....

Bill

I thought this might be apt for this thread.....:naughty:

A story taken from an RAF Newsletter....:)

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.
Just then a deafening roar over the tree tops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in low flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea.
Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff letter of complaint to the RAF Liaison Office. By return came the reply in true laconic RAF style:

"Thank you for your message, which now allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed. Good Day"

I thought this might be apt for this thread.....:naughty:

A story taken from an RAF Newsletter....:)

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.
Just then a deafening roar over the tree tops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in low flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea.
Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff letter of complaint to the RAF Liaison Office. By return came the reply in true laconic RAF style:

"Thank you for your message, which now allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed. Good Day"

The above ^ repeated post, posted by mistake.

Sorry.....:wacky:

I've heard that story a few times here and there it makes good humerous reading we all know what we would like to do with speed cops.

Thanks Gary the forecast for Monday is clear but windy more than a good chance I will be around Tebay somewhere looking for a bit of shelter see if we can't keep the roll going.

Cheers
Bill

I've heard that story a few times here and there it makes good humerous reading we all know what we would like to do with speed cops.

Hey Bill :nono:.

Careful, I've got your number and mates in Cumbria!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:.

Steve...

Thanks Kev much appreciated humble apologies Steve :wave: I love em really.....see you soon I hope...(y)

Bill

Back