Warehouse Express/Camerpricebuster Nikon Price Hikes

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
Looks like the Nikon price hikes have begun at WHE, all of the prices I've clicked on Camerapricebuster are 10-20% less that those now on the website. The Nikon f1.4 G 50mm is listed as £309 up from £265 and the 70-200vr up from £1119 to £1286 :(

Looked at the D90 last night with a 18-105mm AF-S VR and it has jumped £98 to £791 :crying:
Jessops still have it at under £700 with their on line discount.

David

Nikon 50mm 1.8 has risen from £73 to £87.

How can they justify these rises in the present economic climate.

Nikon 50mm 1.8 has risen from £73 to £87.

How can they justify these rises in the present economic climate.

Because they are getting charged more for the kit by Nikon (And CAnon eventually) due to the exchange rate changes
Not going to sell at a loss are they ;)

no canon price rises on there though.

The rise is very imminent though, so I'm led to believe :( Sometime this month...

I guess camera companies can do this, because if they don't pass it on, it'll shrink their margins and they also know that people will pay the premium. Unfortunately they know this, but the weak pound as I think has already been pointed out in another thread has been mainly to blame for this :thumbsdown:

Very surprised to see how much they have gone up, not sure on percentages as haven't worked that out, but I recently upgraded my D80 to a D700 with 2 bits of expensive glass (well to me anyway) and has increased by over £460 for the 3 items combined. Glad I took the risk and took advantage of the 0% on my credit card.

The lens I bought late last year has gone up £800 at WE :eek:

400 2.8 was it?

A good choice in buying when you did:)

I am happy even though very skint from my purchase, I could be worse off if I had waited.

Back