WARNING - Rebelio.co.uk

Name
Mike Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
I had never heard of this company before using them, so searched the internet for reviews. Most were very good, but they also had a lot of negative feedback about customer service and deliveries. I took a risk as the price was fantastic and ordered a Nikon D80 from them on the 12th August. The delivery time i was giving was 5-6 business days. On the 16th August, i decided to use the live chat function on the website to find out the situation on my order. After talking with someone for about 10minutes getting no where, i was finally told (and i have it written in a transcript) that the camera would arrive to them on the 20th August and be shipped to me via next day special delivery.

So there i was on the 21st of August waiting for my camera all day. Nothing came. I left it until the evening of the 22nd August and emailed the supplier. The reply i got, was, and i quote:

Dear Customer,

We currently have all the products as per your order in stock, we will soon be dispatching your order through our couriers, and you should expect a confirmation email advising that we have shipped your order. Your product will arrive within 24 hours of receiving this notification.

It is now the 24th August and i have still not received anything. I used the live chat function once again today, and surprising spoke to someone very helpful. Unfortunately the information he was giving me was very dodgy. Again i quote:

Charles: unfortunatelly
Charles: the unit we had for you was faulty
Charles: so we can not sent this items
Charles: and we had to order a new one from our suppliers

How would they even know this without opening it up and turning it all on/testing? I was then told a replacement wouldn't arrive to them until the 28th August. At this point i had given up and asked to cancel my order, which took THREE attempts before he acknowledged it.

Once again i have in writing that the order has been cancelled and i would be refunded within 2-3 days. Lets hope it actually is 2-3 days and not 3 weeks like there delivery quotes.

I needed the camera for the 31st for a 3 day photo shoot, and this has really screwed things up.

SUMMARY

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE FULL OF EXCUSES, THE PRICE IS EXCELLENT, BUT THAT MEANS NOTHING UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY RECEIVE WHAT YOU BUY.

Thanks for the warning. I know I paid more for my stuff but bought it all from shops (apart from the fisheye, which I bought on here from Kerso - top man), too many dodgy retailers online.
Hope you get your money back.
xxx

I say it all the time. Warehouse Express is where its at. Anytime I need something, guarenteed, they deliver. You pay that tiny bit extra but when a job that earns you hundreds and sometimes a grand plus is at stake then its a no brainer. They have consistantly provided me a professional, reliable service.

Really sorry to hear about your frustration. Hopefully your refund comes in on time. As you need it for the 31st then I would try your best to get it elsewhere,... like the above. (Not a sales person, but just speaking from experience).

King.

Well after a firm talk with one of the customer support members, and threats to take legal action, i have finally got a refund. But not before they threw another excuse my way, and i quote..

sean: We apologize for this delay. Currently we are fixing an issue with the system that makes the refunds, which did not make possible to do it as expected. Therefore, these are made manualy; hence the reason for this delay. You will see your money back; we would just dare to ask you a few more days to be able to see it. Please expect to receive it, this time for sure, for the coming week.

Im just glad this nightmare is over, i have my money back, and i can finally buy the camera i was suppose to have 3 weeks ago.

Its quite obvious what this company are doing, they have a small warehouse somewhere with a tiny range of products in stock, and claim they can get the rest of the products in stock between 5-6 days. Which they clearly can not. I imagine some people who aren't strong minded would wait months before they start complaining, and all this time they are making tons of interest on the money they took months before. Allegedly of course.

Once again, in case you missed it, i strongly urge you not to ever use this company, spread the word!

Back