Water drop collision experimentation

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all
Trying out a different set up using longer exposure times to get better reflections in the water by hopefully smoothing out the turbulance! and sharper droplets from the splash.... I didn't have the framing of this one quite right, but I like the way it turned out!

Shot taken with EOS50D, EF180L and MT24Ex Flash used with flash A bottom left through blue water on white background, flash B on RH side both heads on 1/32, ISO320, 2 second shutter speed.

Thanks for looking...Steve

C&C appreciated as always...

3762738581_14b434b121.jpg

Last edited:
Yep !. I like that . Clever stuff indeed. And as its all about timing . How many shots did it take to hit the jackpot ?. Absolutely well done .Everything , the ripples the bomb effect , But also , the colouring . Perfect .Thanks for sharing. Ron

Yep !. I like that . Clever stuff indeed. And as its all about timing . How many shots did it take to hit the jackpot ?. Absolutely well done .Everything , the ripples the bomb effect , But also , the colouring . Perfect .Thanks for sharing. Ron

Thanks Ron for the kind comments, much appreciated (y) I tend to keep about 1 in 50 shots :D but as I was playing around with exposure, ligting etc. It was more like 100 shots to get this....

Thanks again
Steve

Awesome! I've still a long way to go:LOL:

Thanks mate...(y) No you don't, your first shots are far better than mine were.... It just takes time, patience and loads of shots :D when you get the keepers write down what you did to get them and believe me it makes it so much easier..... :)

Steve

That one turned out exceptionall well.

That is stunning. I love the way the colour of the water goes from blue on the bottom to red in the drops. Stunning clarity and sharpness.

Damn it, if i had seen that, I wouldnt have posted me feeble attempt! It is a thing of beauty. All the more appreciated now, knowing how hard it is!

Rob

That is stunning. I love the way the colour of the water goes from blue on the bottom to red in the drops. Stunning clarity and sharpness.

Many thanks and glad you like it :D If it helps? The bowl was filled with blue coloured water and the dropped water was coloured red...... Thanks again Steve

Superb, I never thought about using a longer exposure, but will try this next time I play with droplets.

Steve you water drops have moved to another league lately Mate (y)

Steve you water drops have moved to another league lately Mate (y)

Cheers Alby... Really appreciated (y) .. It has taken a lot of work, time and effort :) thousands of shots later I feel I'm getting there!

Back