Water drop

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Gotta love Big Brother, gives me a bit of peace to try to practice :D Never done water drops before and didn't realise quite how difficult it was to get the timing right. Couple of spots need to be cloned out :embarasse

waterdrop4.jpg

I've always wanted to have a go at this sort of shot...this looks a bit different. Why the knife blade?

Marianne said:
I've always wanted to have a go at this sort of shot...this looks a bit different. Why the knife blade?
Question should be, "why not?" :)

BTW: The pic is way over forum limits. Might want to fix it before Marcel or CT comes along and has a :hissyfit:

;)

i like the image, good idea i know how difficult these can be!

broke link as its huge....

Matty said:
i like the image, good idea i know how difficult these can be!

broke link as its huge....

Whoops, sorry and ta :) Fixed it.

Marianne, was just an idea for something different, I did a few of the normal drops onto the surface but they just lacked interest to me so had a rummage about to see what else might work. Also tried just squirting the sryinge straight into the bowl, that brought up a few different effects as well. Not really anything worth keeping though.

This is something I should be doing too dod, I am going to have a try at this method..:)

Back soon. Big Brother is on....:coffee:

busterboy said:
This is something I should be doing too dod, I am going to have a try at this method..:)

Back soon. Big Brother is on....:coffee:

Get ready to be frustrated. Over the last three days I've taken over 400 shots. I've got four which are reasonable but to be honest I'm not really happy with any of them. :banghead:

This is another where it's almost but not quite, the focussing is slightly off and it's sharp at the back rather than the front :(

waterdrop6.jpg

I see what you're after here - still not quite there yet - keep trying.
Great idea though - good visualisation :thumb:

Maybe not so blue a background?

Liberalis said:
Ohhh I like that last one Dod, just wondering, did you try one with the knife blade vertical, to try and split a drop ?

Only about 50 times ;)

I like the last one sharp knife soft water

is it possible to get this sort of shot without a flash?
love the pics by the way.

Boon said:
is it possible to get this sort of shot without a flash?
love the pics by the way.

Ta, it would be a struggle, you need depth of field and high shutter speed, definitely flash country

Starting to pay off

waterdrop2.jpg

Almost perfect, Dod! Bloody well done! I admire your patience!

damn straight, that last one is excellent

Back