Water Droplet Insanity!!!

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, trying to capture water droplets is driving me insane!!! I just cant get the images sharp or freeze the action!
I am using an of camera flash being bounced onto white card behind the water and manually focusing (looks sharp in the viewfinder) and shooting at 1/250th (flash sync speed).
I have looked at various tutorials and videos on the web and cant see what i am doing wrong.

Can anyone offer any advice?

OK, trying to capture water droplets is driving me insane!!! I just cant get the images sharp or freeze the action!
I am using an of camera flash being bounced onto white card behind the water and manually focusing (looks sharp in the viewfinder) and shooting at 1/250th (flash sync speed).
I have looked at various tutorials and videos on the web and cant see what i am doing wrong.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Try using the flash in manual @1/32 or 1/16 power. This will give a very short flash output which should freeze the action. If you need more light just move the flash closer. When I did liquid drops the flash was within a foot of the drops.

Good luck

Back