Water Droplets

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this shot in my garden this morning after the frost had thawed. It's water droplets on a blade of grass...

waterdroplets.jpg

fantastic photo, i wish i had something similar, so i could print it out and show it at my camera club. We had a great frost here this morning as well, maybe tommorow.

Wonderful - Hard frost in the Fens but managed to move son's sprite out to give me a garage back after a 3yr tempory stay! I suppose not so much time with the camera as management is booking a skip!
Like Boon - it's an "I wish I'd" picture.

Out of interest (don't know what camera you have) but was this a RAW image then processed in Adobe Camera RAW??

Like it though, it's amazing how strong the tension on water is.

absolute quality :)

wow! really like this, well captured

Thanks again everyone. For himupnorth, here's what I did:

Kit = Nikon D50, Sigma 105mm f2.8 macro and tripod.

EXIF = Shutter Speed 1/100, f/7.1, ISO 200, shot in RAW.

The camera is looking almost straight downwards (pointing at the ground), about 20cm or so away from the subject. The sunlight did the rest!

In photoshop I've tweaked the levels and curves a bit, then added a new layer with a gradient that went from black at the top to transparent in the middle and back to black at the bottom. I then changed the blending mode of the gradient to "soft light" and reduced the opacity to about 50% (this darkened the background.

That's it I think.

By looking at it, i would say that you have probably left the sharpening as set as standard in Adobe Raw (usually about 25ish). Just petty, but certainly for my images it just loses some quality in the brightest highlights (actually normally just around the edge). I normally take sharpening down to 0 then add it in Photoshop later. Usually gives me slightly better results.

This you understand is being very very petty (and am offering it only as an idea). I still think quality of this image is great!

Ribby

Thanks for the info on the shot. Inspiring shot and even more impressive that it was relatively simply taken. Well done! :clap:

Back