Water droplets

Edit My Images
Yes
First try at this, after taking about 300 pics these are the only ones i am slightly happy with.

C&C welcomed

3098941320_d884cd39f2_o.jpg

3098941546_873de67aed_o.jpg

3098105831_50c27996c7_o.jpg

Oooh, loverly colours you've got going on there. Number 1 for me because the drops are more drop-like. Those long drops always disturb me for some reason.

Nice and glassy, only 300 shots? that only counts as mild dedication ;)

Oooh, loverly colours you've got going on there. Number 1 for me because the drops are more drop-like. Those long drops always disturb me for some reason.

Thanks, i prefer the first one aswell.

Nice and glassy, only 300 shots? that only counts as mild dedication ;)

Thanks, but if i had taken any more i would have ended up throwing the camera across the room:)

Love the colour. Did you use coloured water or do it at the post editing stage?

Number 1 for me is the best :)

#1 yeah, nice shot, coloured water, sink or PS ?? just out of interest

Well done - could you summarize your technique please?

These are great and have just inspired me to have a go when I should be tucked up in bed!

All good but #1 tops them for me :)

Definately no 1 for me... you almost got a water crown there. Awesome!

People try for years for the perfect water crown.. very very sad people ;)

#1 here too....but what do you mean, only 300 shots...I think I added over 900 clicks to my D300 getting the three lots I did :LOL: One tip I did learn as I was doing it and might help you if you go again, you seem to have quite a shallow depth of field, so try and get the lens more parallel to the drop so it stays in the focal plane. Alternatively [and not sure on your set up so forgive me if you did anyway], stop the aperture down to somewhere between f11 and f14 [depending on lens] and use a bit of flash if needs be, off camera fi you can, but even on camera will help. However, they are great first efforts, look forward to seeing more when you have recovered :LOL:(y)

Those are really good! The colour and the look of those droplets certainly made for some excellent captures. Well worth the effort and time you've spent on it.

number 1 is great.the other 2 aint sharp enough imo.you need to set shutter speed to 200 instead of 125..the 75 extra will help alot.and mayuby use f/8 or f/11.like i said *** number 1 is great (y)

Thanks, i will have another go later and up the shutter and f-stop

One tip I did learn as I was doing it and might help you if you go again, you seem to have quite a shallow depth of field, so try and get the lens more parallel to the drop so it stays in the focal plane. Alternatively [and not sure on your set up so forgive me if you did anyway], stop the aperture down to somewhere between f11 and f14.

Thanks Yv, the DOF problem was because i had the camera set to macro mode, i will give it a go in manual and stop it down, i will also try moving the bowl.

Thanks for the comments everyone:)

They're great. #1 for me.

Back