Water Drops... and a splat.

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
First attempts at water drops - I know it's all been done but our TP 52 theme this week was water and it seemed the obvious choice. All C&C welcome - you can see the one I picked for my 52 by clicking the link in my sig...

1. Drip
DSC_0115.jpg

2. Drip with bubbles
DSC_0051.jpg

3. Splashdown (I don't know why I've put a border on this one and not the others!)
DSC_0109.jpg

4. Splat
DSC_0018.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Like thouse, good first attempt, keep meaning to give this ago myself just dont get round to it, may have been done a lot on the forum, but is always good to have ago yourself.

Like thouse, good first attempt, keep meaning to give this ago myself just dont get round to it, may have been done a lot on the forum, but is always good to have ago yourself.

Thanks Cosmix - you should definately give it a go, it becomes quite addictive!

The worst part was trying to get a steady drip...

I'm always fascinated by the water droplet photos - I really like the 4th one with the splat and crown effect. Great shots!(y)

This is another one of those "Must give it a go" shoots. Well done, very good.

Excellent, especially for a first go (y)

Good first efforts and something everyone should have a go at, it's great fun and qute addictive as already mentioned.

A good tip I was given is to suspend a tennis racquet above the bowl, fill a plastic bag with water and tie the top, place that on top of the racquet then push a needle through one of the openings in the racquet strings and into the underside of the bag. You get a steady drip and it's always in the same place which makes for easier pre-focusing.

Last edited:
I'm always fascinated by the water droplet photos - I really like the 4th one with the splat and crown effect. Great shots!(y)

Thankyou - I found the crowns much more difficult to time than the drips.

This is another one of those "Must give it a go" shoots. Well done, very good.

Definately - I've been meaning to try it for ages so I was quite glad when the water theme came up.

Excellent, especially for a first go (y)

Thankyou ;)

Good first efforts and something everyone should have a go at, it's great fun and qute addictive as already mentioned.

A good tip I was given is to suspend a tennis racquet above the bowl, fill a plastic bag with water and tie the top, place that on top of the racquet then push a needle through one of the openings in the racquet strings and into the underside of the bag. You get a steady drip and it's always in the same place which makes for easier pre-focusing.

Thanks for the tip... now I just need a tennis racket :D
Sounds better than my method of hanging a plastic bottle above the bowl. I was thinking of getting some kind of clamp to put the bottle in to make the drips a bit more reliable.

Wow, that's excellent!

Thankyou (y)

the last shot is outstanding,absolutely outstanding.

Try Pound Land or the local Pound shop, you can get one for a £1, no good for playing tennis with though! :LOL:

Is there ANYTHING they don't do at Poundland?! Well I may just give that a go - thanks for the tip ;)

the last shot is outstanding,absolutely outstanding.

Thankyou - you should see of the other shots that have been posted here, we got some water drop guru's and I am by no means up to their standards... yet :D

Nice - No.3 for me, like the sense of movement(y)

Thankyou - and here I am kicking myself for them not being sharp enough... I can't pretend the sense of movement was intentional though ;)

love 'em, and love the colouring. It is fascinating how liquids form.. can't wait to play some more myself....

Back