Water Drops first attempts.

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, After being so impressed with all the very cool water drop shots from the folks on the forum I just had to have a wee go myself. Got some good advice from members here and a couple of other folk so here's my first attempts, just one flash slightly to side and a plastic bottle with a pin sized hole in it for these. Should have some tubing and the valve thingies soon though for trying out collisions and other fun bits.

1)
4311042319_7b42178e7d_o.jpg

2)
4311778906_bb44dd1ab5_o.jpg

Please let me know what you think and any critique and comments are very welcome as I'd really like to learn about this technique and take it a bit further.

Tommy.

Number two is nice :) Spot-on focus.

lol @ "valve thingies"... :LOL:

My only preference is that, although cliche and we all do it, I prefer them still when they're cropped to be dead centre. But that's very much my opinion, and I am betting lots of other people won't agree :)

Cheers mate, even though I've ordered the valves I'm still not sure of the right name for them hehe, just hope it's the right ones as I had a lot of fun last night doing these and would like to keep on with it and maybe refine my method a bit. :)

Tommy.

Cheers mate, even though I've ordered the valves I'm still not sure of the right name for them hehe, just hope it's the right ones as I had a lot of fun last night doing these and would like to keep on with it and maybe refine my method a bit. :)

Tommy.

Did you get the Algarde ones I use?

And, it is fun isn't it? :D

Mine came from the local garden center they also do a few tropical fish.

Like No 1, but it feels like its cropped to closely at the bottom of the frame

Great photos... especially the first one; it looks superb.

Back