Water Rail

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
You don't often get Water Rail as obliging as this one was today, so it made a pretty cold, wet, uneventful day very worthwhile.

4336_14523558994af998ce20a64.jpg

4336_17638154404af998c339295.jpg

4336_17913485554af998d545a7f.jpg

4336_1294585544af998c77dbad.jpg

The Bittern sat in the reeds for ages, but so far away he was just a speck, and the Kingfishers just weren't having any today at all. :baby:

Nice set of shots, the Water Rail is a bird I've never seen unfortunately.

They're a very shy wary bird, usually seen very fleetingly, darting about in reed beds usually offering just fleeting chances for a shot and disappearing quickly. They tend not to hang about in the open and when you catch them in the open they're ususally making a dash for the next reed bed, as this one was in the 3rd and 4th shots

Wonderful series CT saw a water rail briefly when i went to upton warren a few weeks ago but couldnt get a descent shot.

Fantastic Captures Love No.3 And No.4 Very Well Done

Kirk

Excellent work Cedric, a nice variety of poses in different settings.

Lovely shots of an elusive bird....I had a degree of success photographing one a few months back and know how shy these birds are (y)

They're a very shy wary bird, usually seen very fleetingly, darting about in reed beds usually offering just fleeting chances for a shot and disappearing quickly. They tend not to hang about in the open and when you catch them in the open they're ususally making a dash for the next reed bed, as this one was in the 3rd and 4th shots

Oh I dunno... I had one sat in the sunshine in front of me for 10 mins ;)

Twas a juv, admittedly... :D

Lovely set CT (y)

Lovely set Cedric, were your tootsie`s in the water for these shots? :naughty:

Lovely set Cedric, were your tootsie`s in the water for these shots? :naughty:

LOL . No -stuff that for a game of soldiers - it was cold enough as it was!

These were from a hide at Upton Warren.

nice set ct, gotta be #1 for me. do the last two need rotating ?
Thanks Lea. I don't think so - the camera was levelled and on a gimbal so I think it's just the way they look rather than being off level.

Back