Waterfall in Smoo cave, Durness

Name
Meeten
Edit My Images
No
went away for a week to the north of Scotland, packed my gear, and when I got here, realised that i had not bought the plate for my tripod :bonk:

Still, leaning up against a wall, I got this ....

kinlochbervie248f.jpg

C&C welcome, as always.....

Last edited:
Pity about forgetting the tripod, this has so much potential.

That's a great place to visit ,i found it very hard to expose the shot properly ,used to live not far from here .

That's a great place to visit ,i found it very hard to expose the shot properly ,used to live not far from here .

Approx 30 pics to get the few that I liked - even then I wasn't 100% happy.
Especially knowing that I had to lug everything back up the slope and didn't get the pics I wanted :shake:

Answer to the exposure problem blend em !! as fer the tripod porblem oh hell I been there ruined a whole days shooting with me new camera did nothing but grumble all day lol .... second time out with was much better as checked it three times and attached it before left in the end for peace of mind ..:nuts:

This shot has Lots of potentila I bet others there do too where exactly iis it in scotland ? *gets maps ready*

I went on a shoot to malta with a 5x4 inch camera and lots of lighting heavy pro packs, and forgot the tripod, I felt a bit silly with a 5x4 on a light stand with a light stand.

Answer to the exposure problem blend em !! as fer the tripod porblem oh hell I been there ruined a whole days shooting with me new camera did nothing but grumble all day lol .... second time out with was much better as checked it three times and attached it before left in the end for peace of mind ..:nuts:

This shot has Lots of potentila I bet others there do too where exactly iis it in scotland ? *gets maps ready*

Blend em - I can't g'tee that I was holding the camera at exactly the same spot when all the pics were taken .... :thinking:

Have a look at the top NW of the map, and it's nr there.(y)

Approx 30 pics to get the few that I liked - even then I wasn't 100% happy.
Especially knowing that I had to lug everything back up the slope and didn't get the pics I wanted :shake:

aye, the steps are steep and plentiful :)

you did well. All it needs is someone to walk on the little walkway and everything shakes due to the wooden construction.

you did well. All it needs is someone to walk on the little walkway and everything shakes due to the wooden construction.

many thanks!!!

I had my bag and gear (redundant tripod) splayed over the place, so there was v little chance of further disasters :bat::bat:

hi i love waterfalls and the misty,dreamy effect,, hoever, this shot need a little helo on sharpening. It appears to me not that focused.. :thinking:

hi i love waterfalls and the misty,dreamy effect,, hoever, this shot need a little helo on sharpening. It appears to me not that focused.. :thinking:

that's cos i am unable to hold a camera still for more than 1 sec .... it is a lesson to others - check, 2x check and check again that you have all the equipment that you need - else you may end up somewhere to take a picture that has a misty, dreamy effect that needs sharpening :puke:

Back