Waterfall

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
My first attempt at a waterfall :) even went the whole hog and removed my shoes and rolled my trouser legs up :D

Waterfall_6472_180.jpg

Last edited:
to be super critical, of what is a lovely shot, i think i would like it more without the bottom 1/10th of the photo.

the very dark brown bit at the bottom looks a bit odd IMHO.

hope you dont mind. . . .

Waterfall_6472_180.jpg

Waterfall_6410.jpg

Waterfall_6440_187.jpg

Waterfall_6451.jpg

Waterfall_6396_179.jpg

cheers Zaphod

Number 2 is my favourite of the set, looks like a lovely location. Well capture,

Gary.

thanks both

A great set mate, No 3 does it for me. Alan.

Last edited:
A good set! My favourites are the first two photos. In particular I've appreciated the lovely contrast between the vivid green and the dark tones of the still water and rocks. The compositions are well done and the silk water effecct is always a good thing (y)

I hadn't noticed the people until elaine's comment. I thought the red was a plant moving during exposure.

I assume you've used an ND filter here - which one was it? I've been thinking of trying some of these long exposures but have little idea.

i had to stack a nd x8 and a cpl plus droping the iso to lo.1 to get these shutter speeds, but i have got a B&W 10 stop filter on order which should do the trick

Well if these were your first attempts then I look forward to more. My favourite would be the second image.

cheers (y)

Very nice indeed Steve, a great set all round. Love the first one particulalry and the pp in 5 is top stuff.
Now, spill the beans : firstly where is this, I need to go there? and secondly where have you ordered your 10stop from?

Cheers

Andy

cheers for the comments :)

Very nice indeed Steve, a great set all round. Love the first one particulalry and the pp in 5 is top stuff.
Now, spill the beans : firstly where is this, I need to go there? and secondly where have you ordered your 10stop from?

Cheers

Andy

first who's steve :thinking: :)

secondly its here Pistyll Rhaeadr Waterfall

thirdly im glad you like the pp on 5 as i was going for a particular look but not many got it, thinking it was just over exposed so thanks for that one (y)

and fourth but not last i got the filter on order from here Robert White and at £76 plus vat i think its a bit of a bargain compared to warehouse express which i believe is about £150ish, ive been told it should be here middle/end of july (6 week wait :()

when i was up to my knees in the pool with a tripod and camera i reckon i have had a few photos taken of me as it was quite busy and there were a few there thinking what's this mad man doing LOL

the rocks were quite slippy and i was scared stiff of taking nearly £3k's worth of equipment under water :eek:

I'm very impressed.. even more so that these are your first attempts at waterfalls :eek: Great set of images, hard to choose a favourite.

Thank you, I do read a lot on here and other places so i had an idea of what i needed to do, like controlling the water from blowing out

cheers for the comments :)

first who's steve :thinking: :)

Sorry, I had just been on the phone to Steve whilst looking at your pics and being of feeble mind just typed the first thing that came in my head.:bonk: You'll be old one day.

Andy

Super especially first outing i hope mine are as good when i eventually get round to it

Absolutely lovely. #3 is my favourite. (y) I can only dream of doing anything as good as these.

Richard.

cheers :D

Back