Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
lee
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been wanting to get out and try this for a while now, so got off my butt today and had a ride to a local waterfall.

Playing steppy stones with a few hundred quids worth of kit in you hands is a "squeeky bum" game to play with slippy trainers on.

DSC06979.jpg

DSC06976.jpg

DSC06975.jpg

DSC06971.jpg

DSC06970.jpg

Ramped the HDR up for this one

DSC06956_57_58_59_60_61_tonemapped-2.jpg

C+C always welcomed

although these arent smoke or light painting i can accept they are creative regarding the fuzzy water parts
the last one is the best for me...with its overtones of darkness and danger
cheers
geof

I'm not sure that your white balance was correct for these, other than the first they all some very cold with high blue tones :shrug: but it looks likes your doing will though (y) maybe your slightly over exposed on some of these but really not by a lot (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the comments, the WB is a touch on the cold side I agree but that just seems to be my taste, not sure how great my sceen calibration is as I'm on a laptop that doesn't seem to have screen calibration settings.

Does long exposure = creative. Not imo. Landscapes.

Does long exposure = creative. Not imo. Landscapes.

You have a different opinion to the OP as to what is creative, personally I agree that this would be more suited to landscapes, but at the very least you could add something constructive to the thread :shrug:

Feel free to have it moved.

Just altered a couple in light room to warm them up

DSC06970-2.jpg

DSC06971-2.jpg

You have a different opinion to the OP as to what is creative, personally I agree that this would be more suited to landscapes, but at the very least you could add something constructive to the thread :shrug:

I gave my opinion. That's what Forums are for. I don't think stuff like this is 'creative' and you agreed with me.

I gave my opinion. That's what Forums are for. I don't think stuff like this is 'creative' and you agreed with me.

That's taking a very rose tinted view on what I said :LOL:

on the whole the forums are for giving your opinion on the picture, not on where you think the thread should be put.

If you think its in the wrong from RTM it and if the mods agree they'll move it

but like matt said if you havent got anything constructive to say, why say anything ?

(Personally I think long exposure is a valid creative technique - but like i said hit RTM and let the mods decide if it bothers you)

Last edited:
That's taking a very rose tinted view on what I said :LOL:

Not really, it's taking it literally, it's what you wrote.

Sometimes on here the truth is never spoken as it should be and comments like 'Great shots' and 'Lovely pics' etc etc are made about clearly sub standard pictures and everything just coasts along. Nothing will be learned like that. You speak up and you are accused of being rude or even banned:shake:.

At the end of the day, I don't think a picture is to be regarded as 'Creative' just because of a long exposure and I said so. That's all. Folk can feel free to differ. As said, that's what Forums are for.

The warming up really helps these a lot (y) it makes them look a lot better IMO :clap:

Matt

I agree definitely better warmer

Did you (the Op I mean) have a tripod or monopod ? - Some of the shots look a little unsharp - like there was a bit of camera wobble during the long exposure

Not really, it's taking it literally, it's what you wrote.

Sometimes on here the truth is never spoken as it should be and comments like 'Great shots' and 'Lovely pics' etc etc are made about clearly sub standard pictures and everything just coasts along. Nothing will be learned like that. You speak up and you are accused of being rude or even banned:shake:.

At the end of the day, I don't think a picture is to be regarded as 'Creative' just because of a long exposure and I said so. That's all. Folk can feel free to differ. As said, that's what Forums are for.

Yeah but you havent said anything at all about the photo - If you think its substandard say so and say why- thats constructive (which is what Matt suggested in the first place) Just bitching about it being in the wrong place isnt constructive, and that isnt what the forums are for.

and FWIW I've never seen anyone get banned for giving constructive crit - only for trolling, or giving unecessarily harsh and unconstructive crit

Last edited:
Yeah but you havent said anything at all about the photo - If you think its substandard say so and say why- thats constructive (which is what Matt suggested in the first place) Just bitching about it being in the wrong place isnt constructive, and that isnt what the forums are for.

and FWIW I've never seen anyone get banned for giving constructive crit - only for trolling, or giving unecessarily harsh and unconstructive crit

I'm not gonna bother arguing with you, can't be arsed.

Ohh the irony - my sides....

DSC06971-2.jpg
[/

Returning to the OP , it also looks like some of the whites in the water are burnt out, particularly in the shot above ... thats very difficult to avoid in these shots, and is another reason why they are best shot under an overcast sky as the diffuse light through the clouds acts like an enourmous soft box

Last edited:
Creativity, just like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Can we please stick to the images, not "which forum" this should be in?

Thank you :)

The other thing that benefits these is using an ND (right up to a big stopper if you've got it - or welding glass for those on a budget) though the whole frothy vs silky debate is another can of worms

and btw with regard to the buttock clenching slippy rocks thing, i usually go with either wellies or sacrificial trainers and walk in the river.

Creativity, just like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Can we please stick to the images, not "which forum" this should be in?

Thank you :)

That's just an invitation to post anything and everything in this one forum.

It's going to get really tedious trying to find the inspirational, genuinely creative images.

Don't the moderators care anymore?

Last edited:
That's just an invitation to post anything and everything in this one forum.

It's going to get really tedious trying to find the inspirational, genuinely creative images.

Don't the moderators don't care anymore?

I'm sure the moderators care (y) at the end of the day it's up to each individual member to make the decision where they think their photo's should be posted (y) I'm sure threads will only get moved if there is an obvious issue such as posting F1 cars in Birds etc or a talk thread in a C&S section

Any thoughts on the OP's actual post content suggestions for improvement :thinking:

Don't forget, to not post in the open forum questioning site staff decisions/comments I relations to site business (y) there be :rules: against that :LOL:

Matt

Oh for crying out loud.

Way to go to ruin someone elses thread having your little argument.

Instead of saying they're not creative enough to be in here, why not say the OP might have got more of a response from the landscape forum viewers.

Why do we have to hold the hands of people?

And yes, the moderators do care. It's not an invitation to post *anything*, it means its not open season on anyone who thinks that this forum is for the elite and those shots who people think arent good enough should be publically humiliated and told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back