Way up yonder

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Got this on the way home from Wick, can't remember what the area was called, but definitely worth a trip back when I'm not so busy!

IMG_6127-01.jpg

I get that problem especially shooting the moors or grass.....too red. Worth another trip though!

some really rugged coastlines up there, amazing on a clear day :)

Were there lots of roadworks going on there Bachs? I know the road well but have never seen that view from that angle.

Nice scenery... definitely worth a trip back for a weathered, moody shot or sunset/rise (not sure which side you are there)... good if you could get a rough sea.

Bachs, do you use rawshooter essentials?

very nice, but you definately need to go back to get a moody sky, as said already, sunrise/sunset would be good

Steep said:
Were there lots of roadworks going on there Bachs? I know the road well but have never seen that view from that angle.

I think it may have been near Dunbeath, I can't make it out on the map.
I had to turn off the A9 into a little village to get to it, but the view driving south from the A9 is a staggeringly beautiful stretch of cliffs
Neos...yes I use RSE and looking at the pic tonight I haven't done it any justice, I deliberately knocked the WB off to warm it up as the original was lacking something. Bad move!

EOS...unfortunately a 6 hour drive to catch a sunrise/sunset is a little out of the question as I'm usually up that way fixing printers and have to drive there and back in a day (12 hours driving plus fix the machine) which is probably why my mind wasn't at its sharpest when post editing it!!!)

I'm up that way tomorrow, I can't take a camera but I'll keep an eye out for that stretch of coast.

Bachs said:
Neos...yes I use RSE and looking at the pic tonight I haven't done it any justice, I deliberately knocked the WB off to warm it up as the original was lacking something. Bad move!
The reason I ask is that I have just started using it and I feel it gives a very distinctive look to photos, (part of the learning curve perhaps!) It wasn't just the warmth of the light, it was the contrast in the clouds that gave it away.

RSCLOUDS.JPG

Back