We are watching you...

"and Microsoft has got the ball in the back of the net ...

... between its own goal posts, yet again". :LOL:

There is something I can't find the answer to at all in that article, and that's why do it in the first place? What possible function can it serve?

Hi Nev, this may help.
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 12.27.44.png

Just remember to turn it off when you are carrying out some online banking or reading your legal documents eh!

Ah, a party trick then. I can't help thinking that sounds like the solution to a problem that need not exist. It's the lazy persons answer to being organised. But then, that's progress.

Just remember to turn it off when you are carrying out some online banking or reading your legal documents eh!

At this stage with the possible ambiguities and future security risks......I cannot see a purpose that makes sense. It sounds like MS making a 'local' implementation of the "Way back Machine".

FWIW when I want a snapshot of the screen I find MS whiteboard just right. It is user friendly and good for the job required........I don't want "Big Brother" deciding what I want to keep!

FWIW when I want a snapshot of the screen I find MS whiteboard just right
I'm even lazier. WIN+Shift+S opens the screensnip thing which auto saves to "Pictures". I think it's the only Windows keyboard shortcut I use.

I'm even lazier. WIN+Shift+S opens the screensnip thing which auto saves to "Pictures". I think it's the only Windows keyboard shortcut I use.
Mine is even quicker.....I have a short cut key on my keyboard setup ;). Though I don't use the auto whole screen save as more often than not I am only 'taking' a section of the screen.

PS I would to look at the setting to remind of the exact 'instruction' I gave the key but it is the key with a camera symbol I use and IIRC I altered the default :thinking:

PPS @Harlequin565 I have just checked and the key is programmed for Shift + Win + S

Last edited:
Back