We won't forget.

Edit My Images
Yes

Click the picture to follow onto a gallery of images that i took today in Manchester city center with Marcel.

We will not forget.​

very good shots, caught the moment there i think

Excellent shots Jonny, all of them very well taken.

Good collection of pics there. When I was a little younger, I used to play in the local brass band and we did two local remberance services and a concert in the evning. Over the years I got to know some of the old soldiers quite well, one of them actually taught me how to drum through the medium of swing music. Some of their stories were fantastic and I guess a lot of memories, both good and bad will go with them when they die. I think the main thing now is to remember the horror thats still being endured through various ongoing conflicts around the world, I think it can be somewhat overlooked at this time of year.

Thanks for those pics. Brought back a lot of good memories for me.

very nice images jonny.. :thumb:

You can see how proud they all are - and deservedly so.

Great pics:)

Not too bad. Some excellent character shots there, buddy.
A couple of your shots are a bit 'cold' - don't forget that reflected daylight on clear days at this time of year is 'bluer'.

From a professional point of view, I cringed at the sight of the fat signaller WO2 in his hideously-tailored No2 Dress. Wouldn't get away with it in an Infantry Regiment.

Another good phot-op will be the Normandy Vets annual pilgrimage to the Invasion Beaches and Para Drop-Zones next June. This time without all the fanfare of the 60th Anniversary - I'll be there just to re-aquaint myself with some of the old boys I met there last time.
Nijmegen and Arnhem might be good too, again without all the fuss that we had last year.

Back